Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you're a compulsive person like myself, and a Virgo;
And you have used an entire bottle (16oz) of Meguiar's Deep Crystal Carnuba Wax since taking deliverly of a 2006 Insight (17 May)(have you ever ran your hands over the surface of a complex formed auto body that has a deep wax job? As close to sex as you can get); and you hand dry the car with a chamos; and you hand wash the engine compartment; and you spend $193.00 on a UV resistant cover when you park it outside (garaged at night); and you fill the tank at the end of each week's commute (410 miles /5.496 gallons=74.6 mpg); then you will spend $141.52 on a set of Honda service manuals.

They are the best manuals I have ever run into; clear, sharply illustrated and detailed.

If you're a compulsive person, and you anticipate doing some of the maintenance on your Insight to keep it running beautifully, then I highly recommend these manuals from HELM Publications: helminc.com

The electrical troubleshooting manual is well worth the price.

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
:D :lol: 8) What can I say? (I bought my first official Honda manual back in 1981.)

I gather you like your Insight. ;) That's OK, these cars really are special. A 2006 too, nice, good timing.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I absolutely love Honda manuals. They are more complete in detail and specs than anything else out there. I highly recommend them for any Honda you've got! :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the positive feedback. And yes, I am very pleased with my Insight. This is the car GM should have made following the EV-1.

The EV-1 was a complete success, GM just wouldn't acknowledge it. It fact, they killed the car. In the meantime, the Japaneese "ate our lunch" by seizing an opportunity to manufacture a specialty hybrid that sold well, and would have sold more had they just marketed the the car.

Anyway, I feel pretty smug at the gas pump knowing I'm getting 75 miles per gallon and paying slightly less than twenty-dollars for my entire week's commute.

There is a good interview on the EV-1 at the NPR web site.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts