Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It’s been too long since we have had a social gathering in Southern California.

With suggestions and help from a few other forum members we have arranged an invitation to the Honda Museum, located in Torrance California. The museum is open by invitation only. They are allowing us to tour June 24, 2018, 1:00 pm.

We are planning to meet for lunch in the area and then head to the museum after. The lunch meeting place has not been determined yet and this first post will be updated in the near future with the location.
**Edit for Lunch meeting, 11:30am Sunday**
The restaurant will be opening 30 minutes early this day to help accommodate our group.
The location for Lunch if you would like to meet will be at:
Red Car Brewery
1266 Sartori Ave
Torrance, Ca 90501
redcarbrewery.com

The museum is located in Torrance near the corporate headquarters, however it is down the street. The actual address will be updated in this first post in the very near future.
**Edit for address **
The actual address for the Honda Museum is:
19988 Van Ness
Torrance, Ca 90501
The building is located in an Industrial Park and is unmarked, other than the address on the top of the building.

This information has also, been posted to the Insight Facebook group page. By some of the others who have been instrumental in helping plan this.

All are welcome to attend. If you would like to attend please add your name list. Copy the list paste it and your name.

KLR3CYL
KLR3CYL Dad
Jeremy W
JJ in LA
Long
Bryce

·
Super Moderator
4,795 Posts
Wow. This is a fantastic opportunity! I'll be 800 miles away on the 23rd, but if I drive all night I might make it. Here is a video of what you'll see:

Sam

·
Premium Member
9,863 Posts
You know I'll be there.

KLR3CYL
KLR3CYL Dad
Jeremy W
JJ in LA
Long
Bryce
Willie in Campo

Willie

·
Registered
429 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,795 Posts
If I can get it together I'll be coming from Grand Junction, CO and returning there. I'll be in my Miata.

Sam

·
Registered
465 Posts
Wouldn't miss it!

KLR3CYL
KLR3CYL Dad
Jeremy W
JJ in LA
Long
Bryce
Willie in Campo
Don E (devin1955) +1

·
Registered
1 Posts
KLR3CYL
KLR3CYL Dad
Jeremy W
JJ in LA
Long
Bryce
Willie in Campo
Don E (devin1955) +1
Jdmbyron +1

Hello all! New to the forums. :) I picked up a 2006 Silverstone just over a month ago. Scott gave it a once over, giving it a clean bill of health. (Thanks Again Scott!!) I'd love to tag along. A few years ago Honda invited the S2000 community to tour the museum, I'd love to see if any changes were made. I was wanting to share a few pictures and links, however, this is my first post with limited posting abilities.

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
Sounds great, I'll definitely be there! Finally an Insight meet right near me. :)

KLR3CYL
KLR3CYL Dad
Jeremy W
JJ in LA
Long
Bryce
Willie in Campo
Don E (devin1955) +1
Jdmbyron +1
Ron007 + 1
Mario

·
Registered
68 Posts
Love all the old Hondas from the 70s in the start of the video. They were the ones that I first started working on as one of 3 Honda techs in one of the first Honda delerships in the US, which at that time was known as Pflueger Lincoln/Mercury of Honolulu and Hondas were being sold as a side line. Five or six years later Honda had taken over the dealership and Lincoln and Mercurys were pushed out to a place by the Honolulu airport.

·
Registered
259 Posts
KLR3CYL
KLR3CYL Dad
Jeremy W
JJ in LA
Long
Bryce
Willie in Campo
Don E (devin1955) +1
Jdmbyron +1
Ron007 + 1
Mario
60mpg_guy
JOHN T
CapitolGuy
michael.brat

See you guys there!

Michael.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Loved the video, want to be there so bad but have a previous commitment in Illinois on the same day so can't make it.... :( Have fun guys, wish I could be there.

·
Super Moderator
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That’s great that 60mpg_guy is making the trip in from Colorado.

I’ve been asked to add a few more people who would like to attend:

KLR3CYL
KLR3CYL Dad
Jeremy W
JJ in LA
Long
Bryce
Willie in Campo
Don E (devin1955) +1
Jdmbyron +1
Ron007 + 1
Mario