Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think Honda will retrofit this to our factory stereos on prior year's model Insights (2000-2005)? Would be icing on the cake for any Insight techie / music lover...

http://www.hondanews.com/CatID2000?mid= ... 7&mime=asc

"The adapter will be available starting this December exclusively for purchase and installation at Honda dealers. Suggested retail pricing for the Honda Music Link will be approximately $250 plus dealer installation."

·
Registered
50 Posts
I would be very cool if they did!

Does anyone have a recomended Stereo that works well with the Ipod and XM Radio?

·
Registered
231 Posts
cainsight said:
I would be very cool if they did!

Does anyone have a recomended Stereo that works well with the Ipod and XM Radio?
I have a Kenwood Excelon 789 stereo in my Insight. It also has a Sirius tuner and iPod adapter. I like it fairly well, however, there is a bit of hiss from the iPod. I'm not sure if it's my iPod or the adapter. I might try one of the new iPod Nanos to see if that fixes it.

Even with the hiss, it's a lot better than a CD player. It's reallly nice having thousands of songs at my fingertip.

·
Registered
41 Posts
cainsight said:
This is exactly what I'm looking for, too.

I hear that the factory stereo would work so I may pick up one of those (since I sold mine a while ago). The suggestion I got was to hook up a CD-changer-input-to-RCA adapter and a RCA-to-headphone-jack cable and plug in the XM radio or iPod to that headphone jack. Since I wouldn't listen to them both at the same time, I only need the one jack.

Anyone try something like this? If so, how's it work?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've got an Alpine CD receiver with the Alpine Ipod control. I used to have XM - but once i hooked up the ipod i no longer had a need for it. It works great, total integration into the head unit, and the sound is fantastic... no hissing or other artifacts. Plus it charges the ipod while its connected. :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
The Alpine 9855 has XM/Siruis support and an iPod adaptor. I have that headunit, and am very satisfied with it. The price is ~450 US, but it's worth every penny.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts