Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[If this post is not in the appropriate forum, mods should feel free to move it]

I just returned from leaving my Insight 2012 for servicing at one of the two Honda dealers in Paris. They lent me a stick-shift Civic (diesel) explaining that they were out of hybrid Jazz (Fit) cars, having sold them all. The "chief mechanic" told me that Honda had stopped producing all hybrids for the European market... Bummer, right?

I wonder if it's true, though, maybe I don't want to believe it?

I don't see many Hondas around in France, aside from the 2011 Civic model, and a few CRVs. Most people here are tempted to buy diesel cars because of the lower taxes on that fuel. Unleaded gas cars are slowly going up again but it's rare to see people turning to Honda for that. I'm worried that French drivers will only buy diesel cars from Honda in the future :( Some people even go lengths to prove that hybrids cause more pollution than diesels.

By the way, I stalled a couple times at the entrance of a roundabout. I have to drive there again this afternoon and I am dreading the tafic jams around Paris... :-|

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
Yeah, the axed the Civic hybrid in the US just after it was redone in a lithium flavor, but still has the CRZ.

I think they are putting all their eggs into the direct injection basket. Its not like the hybrid models got much better than the non hybrid hondas here.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts