Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone knows how this website works. I put in the VIN for my 01 Insight and clicked on "recalls" and two items appeared: 00-02 Insight 01/02 Civic Safety (headlights) and 00-01 Insight ECM. If these items are in the recall section of the website does that mean the recall work has not been performed?

In terms of the ECM, does it result in any change in performance, drivability?

Thanks

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hi Scott,
The OwnerLink should tell you which recalls are associated w/ your Insight (varies w/ year and VIN) and also should say "fixed" w/ the date of the repair, if the recall has been taken care of.

If you take the car to a Honda dealer for servicing, the dealership listed in OwnerLink will probably change automatically to match your dealership (if it doesn't already) after 2 or 3 visits. Also I've found I have to enter my own service record info into OwnerLink...the dealership provides a printout record, but that's it.

There are some excellent InsightCentral posts on recalls. I think this one has a very good summary:
http://www.insightcentral.net/forum/vie ... ht=recalls

Regards and best of luck w/ caring for your Insight. :)

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
scottinmt said:
In terms of the ECM, does it result in any change in performance, drivability?
Thanks
Be careful about the ECM recall. There have been many reports of the recall being done, then immediate check engine lights and consequent cat replacements. Some people have experienced this multiple times, and are now on their 2nd or 3rd set of cats.

I experienced this, but it may have been due to other problems.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I had the same thing just come up. I just picked my '00 up on Friday and ran the #'s through Owner's Link to check on recalls. The same recalls came up as being "open".

On my '03 HCH I've always entered my own service records into it as I trust myself more than the dealer to perform oil changes etc. :roll:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts