Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Does it concern American vehicles only. Or is it a Worldwide recall ?
:roll:

·
Registered
76 Posts
The article states "According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, which also announced the recall...." NHTSA is a United States agency, so it appears the scope of this recall is US-only. It may be worth your while to contact your local dealer there in Germany and give them a copy of the article and ask how Honda AG intends to handle the situation. Maybe even print a copy and save it in case your own headlights ever fail. That would improve your chances of getting it covered by warranty, even if you're outside of the normal warranty period.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
I recall reading something about this effecting vehicles in Japan as well. So I would think any Insight reguardless of country located in would have this issue.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I went to a Honda dealer yesterday about the ECM recall (just got the car, and it hadn't been performed yet) and asked about the headlight recall. They said that it applied to Canadian cars and a bulletin had been sent out but the database of cars that needed the recall hadn't been updated yet.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I got the recall order in the mail the other day. Time to go get the headlights fixed i guess.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I recieved my "Headlight Switch" recall in the mail yesterday. It also came with a mail in refund sheet if you already had it done to your Insight and paid out of your own pocket.

Guess I'll get my oil changed while it's at the dealership getting fixed.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I got a recall notice for the ECM stuff for my 2000 Insight that was totalled February of 2003. I'm assuming that they fixed this already for their 2003 model (the one I replaced my first Insight with).

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
I had to look in to this some myself. I have 02 #559 and have not recieved a recall notice, and the dealership ran my vin and I'm apparently not on the recall list. If you look one of the official papers says 2000, 2001 and *some* 2002 Insight's, the other which actually list vin ranges just says 2000 and 2001 Insight's. So I think for the most part 02 is ok, though I'd like to hear from anyone with a 02 that has gotten the recall letter. If I had to venture to guess I'd say it'd probably be only the early VIN range of 02 if anything.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Holicow said:
I hate them messing with my car...
I hope I don't get the recall. Of all the cars I have owned, and I've owned many, Honda has the worst service departments by far. I will let the car burn to the ground and take the insurance rather than let those boneheads touch my car. Every time I have taken the car in to fix a problem, I left with three more that it did'nt have when I drove in. Fortunately, Honda builds excellent cars and problems are few and far between. But they seriously need to overhaul their dealer training and oversight. Just my opinion, of course.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Checked with the dealer and they said mine is not on the recal list. Maybe it was just the very first 2002's or only the 2002 Civics?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts