Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Anyone seen this? The S660 is an ~1800 lb 2 seat roadster making extensive use of aluminum.

The Japanese model is a mid-engine, turbo, 660cc 3-banger making 64hp... just another kei car we can't get here, right? The big news is from Car and Driver, who claim a 1.0L export model (making 125hp) is coming to the US!

2015 Honda S660 Mid-Engine Roadster First Drive – Review – Car and Driver

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With the 1L, that thing looks like it be like driving a cracked-out go kart.

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
Cobb,
That turbocharged K24 RHD insight in ID was tuned for 85 octane. Can you comment how 85 octane makes a car go faster? You would think with less octane, it would be slower.
Thanks
Gerald

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not 85 octane, e85 (85% ethanol). Ethanol is sometimes a cheap and dirty way to increase octane.

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
For a minute I thought I forgot to add an e in front of the 85 in my message. :)

Well, its all in the tuning and boost. Many of the boosted customized vehicles can adjust that and the computer can adjust fuel. Some use extra fuel to help with octane issues, some use water/methanol injection.

When we boosted engines at the machine shop we went with dish pistons of a 8 or 7 to 1 cr. A 350 became a 355 cid engine, then used a good deal of boost on a 4 bolt main block, forged crank, etc, etc, etc.

e85 has about 100-105 octane, cost about the same as regular, sometimes cheaper, but the car burns more than regular gas.

·
3,641 Posts
The more I look, the more I like!!! I love the lines. And how could you not get excited over turbo + RWD?

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
Meh, I dont think a 3 banger can make enough power even with a turbo to be fun to drive as a rwd vehicle. Maybe on a rocky rural lane or in the winter with the wrong tires when the white stuff starts to fall. :evil:

I wouldnt mind a riced out delso with a good tunes k series engine or so for fun.

·
3,641 Posts
Still loving it. It seems it is already rolling in Japan!

·
3,641 Posts

Looks great in red. Checkout the parking lot too ;)

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Haha yeah, insight in the background...

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
I dont know, I dont like the vehicles that look more aero if driven in reverse vs forward. Not digging the new wheel design for any of the recent models. Heck, even the tail lamps suck. :confused:

·
3,641 Posts
Fuel efficiency: 55 mpg (US) with 5 speed.
MSRP in Japan: $11,500 or (1,380,000¥)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts