Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, all. My 05 was stored for several weeks in subzero temperatures. When I started it up, everything seems fine except a flashing "Code" message on my stock Honda Radio display. I haven't been able to figure it out. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance. Rober

·
Registered
702 Posts
is there a code number?

do you still have the manual for the radio? look it up in the troubleshooting guide?

some possibilities might be: an error with the cd changer(if you have one), the 12V battery died from the cold and the head unit lost power and might have to be reset(an anti-theft measure on most head unit), or it could just be frozen, haha

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
The Navi in my Civic asked for the radio code the other day for no apparent reason. It's an anti theft feature, I wasn't aware they had it in the newer Insight's, but I do know they finally got rid of the tape player deck in 04. If the card with the code is no where to be found in your owners manual then your best bet is to call a Honda dealer, they might or might not give you the code, but it is in their system. They may not give it to you over the phone for obvious reasons, but you should be able to get it from them one way or another.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts