1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
228 Posts
If it is a member here I'd be shocked! 8)

He ought to just drop the reserve and try to get back whatever he can. He's already made back the $330 :!: for the stickers!

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Yes this is a member of this forum who is clearly very bitter about his experience of Honda and his Insight

·
Registered
88 Posts
We all know of the member who has this posted on ebay.

Personally, I find it childish. On the other hand, 99% of us would not have put up with the crap that he has went through. With that said, there were other avenues he could have taken legally. If there no legal options, that means that he didn't read something before he signed it. I've read his story but believe there are 2 other sides to the story - Honda's and the truth.

One thing I do know, isn't it ridiculous to complain about the cost of all the repairs, but then spent over $300 on graphics to prove a point?...who is it really hurting?...just himself. That, in itself, is very immature. When you read through his old posts about the history of his lemon, you come to realize that nothing is his fault.

I'm sure he'll be on later lambasting any of us who don't agree with his methodologies, but oh well.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hello, that is my insight on e-bay.

No, you guys are all entitled to your opinion on the situation as am I, so im not going to take a stand against your opinion. Let me vaguley try to explain a few things, full story is available on my site

After the help I have recieved on this forum, from many members (Arron Cake, Insight trekker, etc...) I have realized a few things

First, the begining of my problem can most likley be traced back to about 65,000km when I paid to have an 02 sensor put on my car (Honda paid service, i paid parts) 30,000km later my cat was dead, 45,000km later the next cat was dead. My theorey is now that that 02 was the root of all these recent problems, Horrible millage, ruff engine...

As some of you know, Many of my posts on this forum were angry. Because things werent right with my car, and I kept grabbing at straws trying to find a proper fix. I had a big heated discussion with "Xcel" back in theday because I truley honestly didnt think his millage was possible, why? because mine was soo low and i simply could not re-inact what he was claiming. On his side of it, I now see that he probably felt the same way about my experiences

When the cat failed again at 145k, this was the begining of me discovering the real problems with my car. If a part fails once, then it could just be a bad part, if the part fails twice in such a short time, it is either a bad design or something else is causing it to fail. At the dealer, I was not getting help on this, I was being told my car was fine (aside from the cat) And I was going to have to pay over 2 thousand to replace it. Think for a second how fustrating that is???? Not to mention I already felt I was getting the run around do to the things that happened with the o2 sensor and the dealer first claiming it was broken, then it was not, etc... you can read more on this forum or on my site...

So I went to 2 other mechanics to try and see if maybe something else was wrong, I bring their diagnosis back to honda, and they tell me again nothing is wrong (even after the private mech specifing it) and doing a half asssed repair on something else when my clutch was replaced.

So, I then go and get a third diagnosis. Who says the same as the first. Now I was mad, go back to honda and was given the run around again. No support from Honda Canada, or the dealer, when I have proof for the real problem with the car. This is also proof of what I have been claiming ALL along that they cannot properly diagnosis it. So I am really really upset now because a few months later I had random battery failures and told nothing is wrong, now with this nothing is wrong.

The customer service lady seemed genuine, but never called me back when she said, I kept chasing her, and was basically being told that regardless of the new information they were probably not changing their mind. And again, never called me back when she said.

So I went, Got the car fixed since it was apparent I was getting hung out to dry. And I posted my experience on my website and car because I believe that what happened was not right, and people should know what I experienced so they can make an informed decision.

so where am I know? I have a bill for just over $3000 and a battery back that has randomly failed on me 3 times. I DO NOT have faith in the reliabilty of this vehicles IMA and believe it is saftey concern that puts me at risk. When you pull infornt of traffic, or merge or anything of that nature, you expect a certain amount of power from your car, if you pull out in traffic, and that power is without notice, not their, a very serious accident could happen.

Some have had good experiences with their insight, some have had bad. I state that clearly on my site. But with these kinds of issues in regards to saftey and huge bills allowing the mfg to get away with it is not right. If my vehicle was supported correctly, then I would have not been robbed of the "the Insight expereince" that some share. With extened warrenty, tax, pdi, my insight was just over 30,000CND. I have not been able to enjoy the last few years of this car, I have not been able to acheive the advertised benifits of this car, and selling it has not been an option due to finances (im a student) And recently, selling it has not been an option because morally I can not sell this car without the buyer being fully aware of the problems, and who is going to buy a car knowing what i know?

All I want is what I believe should have been done to the car... Im not asking for anything more then that, and since I cant get past honda customer service maybe this website is the only way to shed light on my situation to Honda upper management.

In the next few years i bet their will be more and more stories like mine, and fustration levels will raise. About legal actions, I did not know the extent of my options and if i had known, would definitly have taken that path.

You guys may not like my angle, but this may help you in the end as well also, after tomorrow my insight will be taken off the road due to my saftey concerns.

·
Registered
88 Posts
don't ya'll (CAland) have a lemon law up there or did it (Insight) meet those requirements if you did?

·
Registered
214 Posts
No Canada does NOT have a lemon law, we have Canvap or whatever it is called, and it is paid for by the auto industry and from what I have read is no real option at all (Some say a "ploy" to keep lemon laws out of the country)

·
Registered
88 Posts
So how is a Canadian consumer protected from this junk?

·
Registered
214 Posts
I honestly do not know. There are consumer protection acts and from what I have recently read on the lemonaide guide website, Canadians have been successfully suing in court over these things.

·
Registered
88 Posts
heck, a visit to a good lawyer would have been the first thing I'd have done...have u spoken to one yet or is it a moot point?

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
You should have got a sign that reads Myhondasucks.com :wink:

After all, it is YOUR honda that sucks, you are trying to speak for the rest of us, I think 99.9% of the members here would agree.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I am considering it, I have everything well documented now as well as audiotape support etc.. but on the other hand I have spent so much time and effort that I am running out of gas and need to focus on important stuff like fiancee, family, friends, school.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Calpod said:
You should have got a sign that reads Myhondasucks.com :wink:

After all, it is YOUR honda that sucks, you are trying to speak for the rest of us, I think 99.9% of the members here would agree.
I am honestly not trying to speak for the rest of you. Yes My honda does suck, but I also say why it does and most realize where the heart of my fustration is. If you read my manifesto I actually say I believe Honda makes some of the best vehicles in the world. And they do, but what i now realize is that is not enough and my opinion of my honda is derived directly from that

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Most lemon laws aren't much help when the problems start at 65k kilometers. And most people who have this sort of difficulty with a car get rid of it rather than hold onto it for another 100k kilometers after the problems emerge. Because they realize that after a few years, cars get old and junky and worn out and it becomes uneconomical to fix them. This whole discussion has nothing to do with hybrids, it has to do with an unrealistic expectation for the life expectancy of a car.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Dougie said:
Most lemon laws aren't much help when the problems start at 65k kilometers. And most people who have this sort of difficulty with a car get rid of it rather than hold onto it for another 100k kilometers after the problems emerge. Because they realize that after a few years, cars get old and junky and worn out and it becomes uneconomical to fix them. This whole discussion has nothing to do with hybrids, it has to do with an unrealistic expectation for the life expectancy of a car.
I am sorry but I have to disagree

If you consider someone expecting a $30,000 car lasting 150,000km (95,000m?) without serious saftey/economical burdens to be an unreasonable expectation then I think you need to give your head a shake.

·
Registered
214 Posts
My first car was a 1991 Toyota tercel, had over 200,000km and only failure was the water pump and they replaced the timing belt when they had it apart for the pump.

My Unle bought a brand new Honda Accord in 1986. A few years ago he retired it with 500,000km and the reason he did it was because the body was rusting out, engine was still good. no real major repairs, just replace of wear/tear items

I have a 1982 Toyota Corrolla sitting in my driveway. It was my grandmothers (which she bought brand new in 82) and it has close to 200,000km on it and I use it as my spare car when my insight is off the road, NO problems at all, except if it sits more than 2 months needs a boost and the muffler is a bit loud

My mom has a Lincoln LS, I think it has around 140,000km. She has had to replace a coolant tank because of a crack, the air conditioner pressure line, and I think a wheel bearing, and a bad ground on the stereo amp which sometimes makes the stereo "Staticy". Other then that trouble, free

My parents have had 2 ford diesel F350's for work, none of them had problems (I dont know how many K, but I expect it was alot since they drove them back and for from Ontario to Kentucky)

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm sorry "Getshocked" but you couldn't pay me enough to put those stickers on my car. My co-workers would think I had gone insane. As I have defended hybrids for almost 6 years now. :D

·
Registered
214 Posts
I use to defend them as well

If you do a search there are gripe sites for almost every company out there. People have bad experiences and people have good experiences.

My family has had great success with ford products, yet a quick internet search will probably get you hundreds of "I hate ford, ford sucks" web sites. VW, GM, etc will all result in the same type of results. It is about balance and being informed on best and worst case scenarios on any given product

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'll let you buy my Insight :lol: I'd love to get an 06.

By the way, you'll have to deal with the "slight" idle roughness that I'm currently trying to figure out!

Yeah man, I'd have to do away with those graphics...you might've well put "the end is near" on your car for the same response.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.