1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

This one is driving me mad - even Honda cannot answer the question!! It is:

I have a Honda Accord, but no service book, with the fiollowing VIN:

SHHCE86600U00XXXX (last four digits withheld) but I cannot find from where this car originated!! It also appears that the VIN is invalid altho' the car looks perfect!!

Can anyone help please?

If this is a duplicated message - apologies, I wasn't sure the original had been sent!!

Aljami :cry:

·
Registered
334 Posts
This is the VIN number seen on your car through the front window and mfg sticker? What year car, what trim level... Are you sure it's a Honda Accord VIN?

1983 and newer Honda VINs will look like this: JHMEU37301S200005
J=Japan (origin)
H=Honda (mfg)
M=Passenger Car
EU3=Model/engine
7=Body type
etc...

SHHCE86600U00XXXX
Just doesn't match recent Honda VIN parameters.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
I'd check around the car in various places. Look for Vin tags in the door sills, under the hood, on bumpers etc. Then take a look at the engine and transmission. The VIN numbers should be there (they are on the Insight anyways).

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,920 Posts
vin checking

Why not go to the local DMV or CHP or State Trooper office and have them run the vin for you?.........Scared what they might find?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi all

Thanks for your replies.

The VIN is on the bulkhead and on a plate on the LHS engine compartment (UK car). It IS a genuine Honda Accord, Saloon, manufactured 1996, and in beautiful condition. It quite clear that the VIN has NOT been tampered with. Hence the mystery

Honda cannot account for the VIN except to say that perhaps it is a personal import into the UK in which case they would not have a record of the VIN.

It seems to me that someone must have a record of this VIN hence the original posting.

Any more ideas greatly appreciated

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
Accords built in Marysville, Ohio have a VIN beginning with the letter H But I have never heard of an S Billy....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts