Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a little confused and anxious about my extended warranty expireing at 85,200 miles and took my 2000 5spd in to the dealer thinking the trip button didn't work anymore. Had to show the guy how to see the mileage. Then left it for a couple of hours...they said it needed a new cluster at $1,100 and was covered under warranty w/ $100 deductable. On the way home I remembered that you had to push the FCD button to reset the segment meter. Should I tell them to cancel the order....Honda says they wouldn't be that stupid (my words) and they won't reimburse them if it comes back no trouble found. Should I pay the $100 bucks and get a new cluster? Or tell them it works fine and argue about the $45 service charge? Anybody else have any trip button problems?[/quote]

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,925 Posts
So what you are saying is that there was no problem, and it was a "driver error"?

$45 bucks to just push a few buttons?
So you have to pay for their lack of knowledge?

What dealer? I'd put them on my "never trust" list.
(Another reason to put your location in your profile).

"Let your conscious be your guide."....... ;)

Willie

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I'm with Willie on this one...

Although, all things considered, if I had a seven-year-old car which I planned to keep, I would consider (consider only, mind you) spending the relatively small sum of $100 to pre-emptively replace what could be a $1000 piece in my car, which, admittedly, doesn't fail that often (I've never heard of one failing), but conceivably could. :roll:

You're already out half that amount, so for the price of a few magazine subscriptions, or a night out on the town, you get a brand-new dash... hmmmmm, would I or wouldn't I? Only your paranoia can guide you now... :lol:

·
Registered
240 Posts
IMHO, don't replace something if it doesn't *have* to be replaced. The chances of them messing up something in trying to fix something that isn't broken is a worse price to pay than just $45 diagnostic fee.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Warranty

Yes, definitly driver and dealer error. I am not used to not knowing much about my automobile (except what I learn here) but more than a Honda dealer.

My experience with big three supplier warranty tells me not to let anybody perform a rework on my vehicle especially if they can't figure out how to reset the trip meter.

Called the dealer this afternoon, and the kid asked me to bring it in again and claimed they will not charge me the $45 diagnosis fee.

Will keep the group posted.

Thanks

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm with flymuck on this. Sounds like they would mess up the install/replace if they can't figure out the trip meter. In other words, they know nothing about this car and have a high probability of messing up something.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts