Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was surprised to find out that while Toyota has a 36 month/ 36k mile warranty, their vehicles also include a 60 month/ 60k mile warranty on the drivetrain. I wish Honda had this, as it would be nice to know our engine is covered should it throw a rod or something.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Honda Warranty for 2005

I'll have to check again to be positive, but the dealer sold me an extended Honda warranty with my 2005 CVT that covers the IC and IMA guts and everything else for $1500 for 7 years or 75K miles. normally, an extended warranty from the dealer is a rip-off since most of the repairs aren't covered or if they are it's at an inflated rate. When I consider that with this car, my days of cleaning my own carburetor or replacing my own distributor or whatnot are over, I think this warranty might be worth it (maybe even changing my own oil? :( . Props to you all who do your own mods! :) If you're looking at buying a new Insight and you want the warranty, turn down the third party deal they're trying to sell, since it didn't cover the IMA parts.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I bought my extended warrany online through curryhondacare.com. The price was much less than my dealer wanted. Just for fun, I plugged in the 2005 Insight mentioned in the previous post and I see they are offering the 7/75K Honda extended warranty for $845. The dealers really make a profit on these warranty's.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm talking about extended warranties here. As I stated Toyota has a longer factory warranty on their drive train. I wish Honda did the same.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts