Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local Honda dealer has quoted me $875.00. For the warranty with zero deductable. It is for my 2005 Insight that has 5400 mile. Is this a good price? Thanks, Kevin

·
Registered
570 Posts
I paid $900+ for 100K. Looks like a deal to me.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
To save you money always get the highest deductable. Set the deductable funds aside (making interest), should you need them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Resist said:
To save you money always get the highest deductable. Set the deductable funds aside (making interest), should you need them.
I had considered a $100.00 deductable but the price savings was only $100.00. The warranty would have been $775.00. I felt that it would have cost me that $100 with just one issue.

I truly believe zero deductable was better.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Resist said:
Actually zero deductables are never better, just like with auto insurance. The odds are you will never use it.
Resist,
I understand that I could have saved an aditional $100 if I had purchased the 100 deductable warranty. But is the savings truly worth the risk?

And yes I know that if I have no warranty problems over the 6 year 120K period. I have given away $100 and interest.

Also with only one warranty issue in that time period I have lost the interest that $100.00 could have made. A small amount of money to lose.

So please show me what I will save with a $100 deductable should I need 2 or more warranty repairs?

I really am trying to see the savings.

Thanks, Kevin

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We are getting off subject.

The question was not if I should or should not purchase a warranty. Or what deductable should I purchase.

The question was. Is $875.00 a good price for a zero deductable 6 year, 120K warrany? Thanks, Kevin

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
parks7 said:
I understand that I could have saved an aditional $100 if I had purchased the 100 deductable warranty. But is the savings truly worth the risk?
I was thinking more of a $1000 deductable, not $100. And yes it is worth the risk. During the first 3 years most issues that come up are corrected with the manufactures warranty.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts