Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my navi stopped working after being rear ended by someone... won't reading any discs and the one in there during the accident is all scratched up... I'm pretty sure I'll have hard time to let the insurance company to pay for that. "Hey my disc was scratched during an accident, and Honda billed me 7.5k to replace it. Would you kindly pay for that? Oh and FYI I bought this car for 9K." Sigh...
IMG_0043.jpg
And don't even mention I was quoted for 1k on an oil pan change :/
I'm not trying to blame Honda and I understand they have to order it. But still, factory parts price is getting wayyyy to high

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
WTF, $7656.07 to replace the Navi unit? That's the most insane dealer ripoff I've ever heard.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You should only need the player. Check local salvage yards. They rarely go bad I bet you can find a Used one for less than $200.
Well the DVD in intergrated inside the navi unit... I could possibly fix it myself but my point here is to show you guys how rediculous the prices are... I can also tape my iPad there I bet it works better than the navi:)
Meanwhile, there is no insight in Canadian scrap yard :( weather here is just simply too much for it I guess. I've been stuck a lot before I swap on a set of snow tires. And now I'm considering studed ones FML

·
Super Moderator
6,958 Posts
Can't Canadians import used car parts from U.S. and pay perhaps a small import duty??

·
Premium Member
1,751 Posts
It's called a STEALERship for a reason, you know.

·
Registered
298 Posts
My apologies I forget these are integrated into the head unit now. Here is one on eBay for slightly over $200. You'd need a new Disc for it because I'm sure it only comes preloaded with US maps. It says seller will ship to Canada.

10 2010 11 2011 Honda Insight Navigation CD MP3 Player Radio 2AH1 OEM LKQ | eBay

But yes sounds like any dealership I've been to. You should try going into a lexus dealership sometime. "Free" loaner, coffe, soda, snacks, car wash

Someone has to pay for these "Free" things ;)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My apologies I forget these are integrated into the head unit now. Here is one on eBay for slightly over $200. You'd need a new Disc for it because I'm sure it only comes preloaded with US maps. It says seller will ship to Canada.

10 2010 11 2011 Honda Insight Navigation CD MP3 Player Radio 2AH1 OEM LKQ | eBay

But yes sounds like any dealership I've been to. You should try going into a lexus dealership sometime. "Free" loaner, coffe, soda, snacks, car wash

Someone has to pay for these "Free" things ;)
Thanks for the info, I doubt if the insurance company will buy it but I'm going to give them a call to figure it out. Will keep you guys updated.
PS: the insurance coverage came from Uber, so this might be an interesting case.

·
Registered
201 Posts
If insurance writes you a decent check I'd probably just upgrade to a Pioneer or Alpine head unit. There's a couple threads on here nav unit upgrades if you search around.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If insurance writes you a decent check I'd probably just upgrade to a Pioneer or Alpine head unit. There's a couple threads on here nav unit upgrades if you search around.
TBH... I will spend those money on a new PC and fix that DVD drive myself if they send me a decent check. Or just stick a garmin gps there. Heck I can even try iPad, make it looks like tesla? Lmao

1 - 13 of 13 Posts