Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
At least that's how it sounds..... like a clone of the Prius hybrid design: "The main powertrain components are a 2.0-liter Atkinson-cycle inline-four and two electric motors—one to charge the battery pack and one to spin the wheels." All that's missing is the CVT, because Honda is using a direct-drive from the motor to the wheels.

I wonder why Honda has so much trouble making a midsize hybrid that people want to buy? All they need is to put the Civic Hybrid IMA into an accord and done. It would get highway economy very similar to the Civic (~45 mpg). LINK: Honda Accord Plug-In Hybrid Prototype Drive – Review – Car and Driver

·
Registered
642 Posts
Its the elusive 'EV Range' that Joe Public wants to verify they have a 'full hybrid. Dual clutch tranmission sounds good though rather than CVT or pseudo CVT.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Think outside the box.
It's decoy city for auto makers 8 months proto type cars. Who needs a tramission in a hybrid? 1 to 1 direct drive highway driving and driving the electric motor in lower speeds.electric motor drives lowers speeds with engine help. Without a huge power loss of a tramission the engine could charge the car battery twice harder for longer range, and it's about 150-200 lb weight saving too. Better mpg. The engine would be stronger at higher speeds . so less gas is used in hwy. Speeds, they already promise accord size withcivic mpg, It sort of a new hybrid with plug in of a small battery pack.:) It's new mpg stuff. We might see it in the civic if anybody could crack it right in the first model Honda could.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Converting the mechanical energy of the gas engine to electricity, then chemical (battery), then back to electrical (motor) is highly inefficient. It's why the Chevy Volt in gas mode only gets 37mpg while direct engine-to-wheels cars like Prius and Civic get 10mpg higher.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Except the Volt has direct engine to wheels power as well. If you recall, there was a big uproar over the fact that it turned out not to be a true series hybrid... just a beefed up parallel hybrid.

Sent from my Nexus S using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
386 Posts
True It's not a true plug in.that what many want, but it's a new type hybrid not sure a plug in is best for alll.
I talked to a nissan leaf Driver here in Honolulu, a teacher, and I asked what does he pays in electric a month. I could not believe so had to ask twice in a diffrents way, said he pays 104..00 dollar in electric a month, separate from his house payments. It's way more than what I pay a month, about 55-60 bucks used everyday. And payed off. I also heard the leaf stay on the charger a long time, accord its just 3 hours.the volt is getting a new larger engine next year.
Anyway same as you think we are getting the best deal, I just starting to used my new kill switch and can't believe Added gain. Found this
they anounce the mpg data and it's looking good .
Honda Accord Hybrids - Official Site
Accord Plug-In has earned the highest EPA combined MPGe rating[1] in its class (115 MPGe
The 2014 Accord Hybrid fuel economy ratings of 49/45/47 mpg (city/hwy/combined)

·
Registered
894 Posts
Think outside the box.
It's decoy city for auto makers 8 months proto type cars. Who needs a tramission in a hybrid? 1 to 1 direct drive highway driving and driving the electric motor in lower speeds.electric motor drives lowers speeds with engine help. Without a huge power loss of a tramission the engine could charge the car battery twice harder for longer range, and it's about 150-200 lb weight saving too. Better mpg. The engine would be stronger at higher speeds . so less gas is used in hwy. Speeds, they already promise accord size withcivic mpg, It sort of a new hybrid with plug in of a small battery pack.:) It's new mpg stuff. We might see it in the civic if anybody could crack it right in the first model Honda could.
is english your first language? i had to read that a couple times to get the full effect (maybe) of what you're writing.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Chevy promotes the Volt as an EV with a "backup engine" in case the battery runs lows. (shrug)
nissan leaf Driver here in Honolulu, a teacher, and I asked what does he pays in electric a month. I could not believe so had to ask twice in a diffrents way, said he pays 104..00 dollar in electric a month
That's about 1000 kilowatt-hours per month, and assuming 22 workdays, is 45.5 kWh each day.

The Leaf gets about 0.4 kWh per mile, so he would be driving 110 miles each day. Sounds plausible. My insight would burn $138/month on that same work schedule.

·
Registered
386 Posts
is english your first language? i had to read that a couple times to get the full effect (maybe) of what you're writing.
Yes it's is, its called life, solve it, we all do, if you not brite enough Move on. Let me guess you are a democrat, republican don't care. somewhere from the education sector or a constipated hag. they are the most judgmental never innovative, is like you have disgrace what they hold dearly, comas and correct sentences. You see their comments all the time drinking all the mush the the writers implies not the "quotes " in Obama bills, you are being deceived economy, and market is my strong suite want to try me? Don't judge. I am a day trader and investor 35 years, I have start up 4 business, 1 now few hr night taking orders. Iam retired at 50 and living my dream mountian climbing and beach days and track weekends, and Iam a high school drop out Iam down to earth, friendly but logical, I don't expect everyone to like me, but if you don't then STFU. If your the other contapated, :) they is that pink bottle.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Don't worry, he's posted many things even less readable in the other honda hybrids forum.

But that last takes the cake for unreadable and (apparently?) off-topic.

1C is apropros

Sam

·
Registered
386 Posts
Chevy promotes the Volt as an EV with a "backup engine" in case the battery runs lows. (shrug) That's about 1000 kilowatt-hours per month, and assuming 22 workdays, is 45.5 kWh each day.

The Leaf gets about 0.4 kWh per mile, so he would be driving 110 miles each day. Sounds plausible. My insight would burn $138/month on that same work schedule.
Yea I was thrown off with what he told me but Prices are High here, didn't check but I think it's 1.45 a Kw and gas is about 4.10 coming down. unless you have a home solar system it's not a huge advantage. Too much batteries to charge, I made the decision not to get a solar pruis or a kit (it's online) and stay with the hh1 for a few more years still in very good condition one owner, and see if I can make the front a better air flow and better looking, just a side activities or daily hobbie.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Normally I don't nitpick people's typos or mis-spellings, especially since people started typing with their thumbs on teeny-tiny phones, but your attitude is pretty poor. You say we're elitist Democrats or Republicans and that you are a successful day trader. Cool!

Now imagine how successful you'd be if people understood what you were saying. That is the point of communication.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Normally I don't nitpick people's typos or mis-spellings, especially since people started typing with their thumbs on teeny-tiny phones, but your attitude is pretty poor. You say we're elitist Democrats or Republicans and that you are a successful day trader. Cool!

Now imagine how successful you'd be if people understood what you were saying. That is the point of communication.
It' was for jellybean, if he was truthful he would say he disagree or didn't understand what I said about your link honda new hybrid article "anything about the hybrid " would have counter the obvious he didn't read the the article, and he blame it on me, by attacking my writing implying Iam dumb. Hence I got angry I apologize. I was making a point grammar isn't everything to someone who think it does.

And about that article? read it carefully, what quoted this " " above is what real and that what fax from the original release the rest isn't golden as most democrats ( left brain thinking) believe t it's what the writer taught up, here the writer implying that honda has a nutty engineer and losing it. because of a first release data saying it's has a cvt tramission, that is why I said it's 8 months ahead proto type it's decoy city. So auto manufacture couldn't copy and release it first.

it has no tranmission same as the engineer said. it direct drive 1 to 1 final drive in highway driving, a transmission is multiplication of engine power for below 4 gear,not needed design right. it's has a electric motor to power the 1-3 gears now, and the engine without a tramission can now have a larger electric motor to power and charge giving back 10 % mpg in it's place. So Honda did it as they said and did get civic mpg from a mid size car.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I am a day trader and investor 35 years
Respect. I've been there, done that (Finance degree and a lot of skin lost pattern trading in the stock market) and changed careers to engineering afterward. Looks like you made it, congratulations. I always have that dark thought in the back of my head to open up an interactive brokers account again and get back at it...
Oh... not a Democrat either, that's the first time I've been accused of being one :D

·
Registered
386 Posts
Respect. I've been there, done that (Finance degree and a lot of skin lost pattern trading in the stock market) and changed careers to engineering afterward. Looks like you made it, congratulations. I always have that dark thought in the back of my head to open up an interactive brokers account again and get back at it...
Oh... not a Democrat either, that's the first time I've been accused of being one :D
No hard feeling, passed, never was good with words, as long as you understand news and related events and forecast target are "price in" or "priced out" of the market before biding start ( nothing is under valued as of now) and tiny company like fish follow their sectors leaders As above on a Gage of strength, you understand part of the core of the market.
funny, only democrats from the education sector care to mention about correct wording. it's hurts their back ground.

·
Registered
1 Posts
A point on which the Insight wins the Prius

- A point on which the Insight wins the Prius, even at the points (as happens in many things backwards)

- To those who tell you that 'better a Golf that is safer' you can say that about naaaaaa.

- Honda has really taken a hybrid for everyone but also safe for all.

·
Registered
894 Posts
- A point on which the Insight wins the Prius, even at the points (as happens in many things backwards)

- To those who tell you that 'better a Golf that is safer' you can say that about naaaaaa.

- Honda has really taken a hybrid for everyone but also safe for all.
Prove that you aren't a robot - this post makes no sense and I'm ready to flag you as a spammer.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
You can flag him now or in a couple months when he starts linkspamming :).

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yes it's is, its called life, solve it, we all do, if you not brite enough Move on. Let me guess you are a democrat, republican don't care. somewhere from the education sector or a constipated hag. they are the most judgmental never innovative, is like you have disgrace what they hold dearly, comas and correct sentences. You see their comments all the time drinking all the mush the the writers implies not the "quotes " in Obama bills, you are being deceived economy, and market is my strong suite want to try me? Don't judge. I am a day trader and investor 35 years, I have start up 4 business, 1 now few hr night taking orders. Iam retired at 50 and living my dream mountian climbing and beach days and track weekends, and Iam a high school drop out Iam down to earth, friendly but logical, I don't expect everyone to like me, but if you don't then STFU. If your the other contapated, :) they is that pink bottle.
This has to be some of the best trolling I have seen in a while. Because the only alternatives are someone who really has zero grasp of written English or and ESL person trying to pass as being raised in and English speaking household.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts