Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it was a year ago today that I brought the little spaceship home. It's been a great year of Insight ownership and I look forward to many more years.
The one thing that I have continued to find remarkable is my thrill level with this car. I've had other cars that I liked, but a year later, as I am driving my silver Insight, I still feel that awe factor as I drive it down the road. I think I actually look forward to driving now because the Insight is so cool.
In the past month, we added a new Prius to our family and I can't say enough good things about owning 2 hybrids. I still believe the Insight is the superior car(no offense to the Prius as it is lovely), but the Prius has its positives for sure.
I think my cars almost understood this morning that it was our 1 year anniversary. I had to drive it to North Raleigh via US 1 and I was amazed that we managed to hit 80 mpg today!!!! I have a CVT so you can imagine how excited I was over that. We didn't keep it, but ended the journey around 70 mpg, a triumph still I feel.
I'm just glad that I was lucky enought to find and purchase one of these amazing little cars.

·
Registered
118 Posts
kmiller7779 said:
I think my cars almost understood this morning that it was our 1 year anniversary. I had to drive it to North Raleigh via US 1 and I was amazed that we managed to hit 80 mpg today!!!! ...
That's a serious love relationship you have going there. I'm beginning to feel the same way, and it's only been a few months for me.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have to say that when I bought my Insight last year, I had wanted one for a few months. It was definitely serious love from the very beginning. My husband always says he's surprised that I'm not out in the garage reading it bedtime stories :lol:

·
Registered
495 Posts
Bought "The Silver Bullet" in March of 2006. Had it a year and a month now, so yes, I understand.

Consider what gas was a year ago. Are they great little cars or what?

Fred / Proud Owner of "The Silver Bullet"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts