Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok,

I realize this is one of those potentially really stupid questions,,,so please be gentle.

I live in a rather hilly area. Has anyone thought of adding an aircraft horizon guage as another aid/reminder for using lean burn effeciently? I can't shake the idea when I'm driving.

Remember...gentle. :?

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
:D I built an accelerometer for my 80 cc Suzuki when I was in high school, but then I was not a typical kid. :lol:

I can't say that I spent a lot of time looking at the artificial horison when I was taking flying lessons, but hey, anything that works is a good idea.

I'm building a display for the steering column that shows what gear I'm in (and generates logic signals).

Could a vacuum gauge do the same thing for you, perhaps one with a bar readout?

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Unlike in an aircraft with 3 dimensions of travel and a lower traffic density you'd better spend a greater percentage of time with your eyes on the road in a car. :!: :)

The MPG gauge and bar graph are more than sufficient for the task of hyper MPG driving. And the sensitivity of an artificial horizon is also poor in comparison.

HTH! :)

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Instead of an actual Horizon gauge (actually called an attitude indicator), you could just use a bubble level gauge like in motor homes. It would give you the information you need and be a whole lot cheaper.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts