Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:):)Hello all! This is my first Insight, it's a 2011 base model. I am embarassed to honk the horn when i need to honk lol, I was wondering, can I put the accord horns on my Insight? or what horns can I put?

Also, is there anything I can do to increase the cars performance?

thank you everyone! ;)

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
I read somewhere that someone put a Pilot horn in and it worked, also some (including me) have installed Harbor Freight air horns.
http://www.insightcentral.net/forums/modifications-technical-issues/19851-diy-harbor-freight-air-horn-install.html

Just an FYI, if you point them down as I did and others have eventually the red trumpet portion of the horn will fall out of the body of the horn. Mine fell out plus the air pump started failing so I just removed them all together. I think I'd rather go with a better electric horn eventually.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I read somewhere that someone put a Pilot horn in and it worked, also some (including me) have installed Harbor Freight air horns.
http://www.insightcentral.net/forums/modifications-technical-issues/19851-diy-harbor-freight-air-horn-install.html

Just an FYI, if you point them down as I did and others have eventually the red trumpet portion of the horn will fall out of the body of the horn. Mine fell out plus the air pump started failing so I just removed them all together. I think I'd rather go with a better electric horn eventually.

Thank you for your help! I just purchased the SickSpeed electrics...when they arrive Ill post what happens...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes let us know how it goes, post a link if you get a chance so we can see what it is you are installing.
Most definitely will! I have a 2011 base model with 2 speakers...booo... Is my car prewired for 4 speakers? Because back doors have speaker space in them

1 - 5 of 5 Posts