Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, this is not a perfect test. "Ain't nobody got time for that".

So, my original tires were some mastercraft tires. They were a little bigger, but according to my gps, it was barely any different from the speed. I recently checked with some used potenzas and about the same.

After about 3 complete tanks with the mastercrafts, I got:
- 52 mpg (work route. some hwy and some stop and go)
- 56 mpg
- 60 mpg (mostly highway and had some good drafting)
- During this time, i have had had a lower bumper air block. (not the whole time).
- These calculations were by calculator. The FCD always reads a bit higher

Haven't started a full tank yet, but will very shortly. Just picked up the used potenzas today (got them in a junkyard :D)

Aside from that, I have also added a few pieces of under body plastic that were missing. Another note - The Autostop does not work. Never has and haven't figured it out yet.

So, over the next months, I'll try to remember to note my tanks. Would really like to compare other LRR tires, but that won't happen. I'm not here to debate other LRR vs the Potenzas, nor am I here to debate the financial aspect of it.

·
Premium Member
9,876 Posts
Check your Outside air temperature sensor connector.

·
Super Moderator
4,806 Posts
Nope. You get better mileage with summer fuel.

Sam

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah the summer gas is way better. I didn't even think of that. I don't know if they switched over yet. I put in a full tank today so we will see.

I guess this is less of a tire comparison and more of an "improvement comparison" overall.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I believe that there are regional blends. IIRC when I lived in CA the shift to summer mix was not a happy moment for folks with internal combustion engines. SMOG was always a serious concern, worse in warmer weather, and I believe that ethanol addition was a big part of the effort to reduce SMOG. For nerds: https://www.arb.ca.gov/fuels/gasoline/cbgupdat.htm

·
Registered
131 Posts
Not to thread hijack but does anyone have a recommendation for low rolling resistance or high fuel economy tires that aren't potenza RE92s? $100 a tire for a potenza that wears out super fast seems like a sick joke to me

·
Registered
458 Posts
There was some chat about the Vredsteins. There is a thread on the board. I think I will buy the Vredsteins when the Bridgestones wear out.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Any input on the Dunlop Ensave tires?

I'm finding those in our size. Has anyone tried them out?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts