Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our last meet was great. We are planning to attend the Houston Coffee and Cars for July 2nd (Saturday). There will be many other owners showcasing their exotic cars, we can represent the Gen1 Insights.

Here are more details on Houston Coffee & Cars on their website
Houston Coffee and Cars

This time the Coffee & Cars location is Different. Its in the north west area at 249 & Louetta.

Date: July 2nd (Saturday)
Time: 8am-10am (but lets plan to arrive much earlier like 6-7am to get good spots together)
Place: Vintage Park
110 Vintage Park
Houston, TX 77070

After the meet, we might do a little workshop sort of thing. One Insight owner needs some common maintenance items for their insight done (Adjust valves, EGR clean, grid charger install/remove), so we can do that, and anyone can watch or help out if they want. Shouldn't take more than an hour.

Anymore 1st Gen Insights are encouraged to attend with us. Last time we had 4 insights, hopefully we can have more this time. :)

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Can't wait, hoping to have my car mostly re-assembled in time for the meet. Anyone want to meet up in Houston and caravan out there? The WTFs we got on 610 last time were priceless...

If we're going to do an EGR cleaning, sign me up! What should I bring?

·
Premium Member
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can't wait, hoping to have my car mostly re-assembled in time for the meet. Anyone want to meet up in Houston and caravan out there? The WTFs we got on 610 last time were priceless...

If we're going to do an EGR cleaning, sign me up! What should I bring?
a caravan to the coffee and cars would be good or even a caravan back.

for the EGR cleaning, I was bringing the tools, so I dont think anything else would be needed. Maybe some carb cleaner.

·
Super Moderator
4,785 Posts
Speaking of Houston, what happened to the turbo project, other than a squabble? I haven't seen any results posted. I am very interested in how this came out.

Sam

·
Premium Member
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Speaking of Houston, what happened to the turbo project, other than a squabble? I haven't seen any results posted. I am very interested in how this came out.

Sam
i think the owner of the car can reply better on this one, but overall, the shop didnt really do the work right, messed up things on his car, returned the car in non-working condition and other things...The owner had to take it to another shop to fix the things that shop messed up. So i wouldn't really want to buy a turbo kit developed by that shop.

but lets not change the subject of this thread to that, and keep the topic on this meet.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
i think the owner of the car can reply better on this one, but overall, the shop didnt really do the work right, messed up things on his car, returned the car in non-working condition and other things...The owner had to take it to another shop to fix the things that shop messed up. So i wouldn't really want to buy a turbo kit developed by that shop.

but lets not change the subject of this thread to that, and keep the topic on this meet.
We should see if we can get Mike to start a thread about his whole build. It's very interesting. High quality work (turbo fiasco excluded of course).

Back on topic: if we need a garage/driveway to do our wrenching after the meet, we can use mine. My neighbors already think I'm some kind of weirdo with my new license plate and all...

·
Premium Member
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Back on topic: if we need a garage/driveway to do our wrenching after the meet, we can use mine. My neighbors already think I'm some kind of weirdo with my new license plate and all...
thanks for offering your place. I suppose at the C&C meet we can discuss where to go afterwards, your place or somewhere else.

·
Premium Member
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
a new member has also offered their place for EGR / grid charger install session. Its closer to the meet's location in the northwest.

We now have 7 insight people in Houston who are also on insightncetral.net . Hopefully everyone can make it to this meet.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Hopefully everyone can make it to this meet.
Sorry, guys. My wife and I will be at the meet... in our Land Cruiser. The Insight is not going to be done in time. I have the front fascia and the interior removed for several mods I'm working on for an upcoming road trip. Can't wait to see all the other pretty Insights all lined up!

·
6,933 Posts
Hmm. It's too bad it's so far out of the way - Were traveling from New Mexico to Colorado this weekend. Would be cool to swing by with the 444k mile car. Ah well.

·
Premium Member
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry, guys. My wife and I will be at the meet... in our Land Cruiser. The Insight is not going to be done in time. I have the front fascia and the interior removed for several mods I'm working on for an upcoming road trip. Can't wait to see all the other pretty Insights all lined up!
are you sure?! you still have one whole day... need help putting it back together? You dont really need the interior that much anyway, just put the front on.

·
6,933 Posts
How did it go? Pics?!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts