Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, they're not exclusively Insight ads, they feature the Accord and Civic Hybrids as well... but suddenly here in the Dallas area, the evening news broadcast on NBC is thick with this commercial!

Anyone else seeing it in other markets? The 30-sec. ad features mileage claims for all three vehicles. I would hazard a guess that Honda wouldn't run these unless a 2006 model continuation is in the works... right? :wink:

·
Registered
570 Posts
boogetyboogety said:
I would hazard a guess that Honda wouldn't run these unless a 2006 model continuation is in the works... right? :wink:
Makes sense to me. I have seen a commercial with all three cars, but I don't think it's the same one because I don't recall mileage claims being mentioned, just that they are the first company with three hybrids. Perhaps they have a new commercial.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I live in southern california, it's wed may 11th and I saw this commercial a couple of times, beginning today.... looks promising for at least a 2006 insight :)

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
I saw that, it was awsome! They specifically spelled how far each car would go on a gallon of gas (at least according to EPA estimates). I'll have to see if I can catch it on my computer and record it with my tuner card.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Locally (north Alabama) my dealership has gone from "we haven't had one on the lot in 9 months and aren't planning to bring any in" to forming a Green Team to service their hybrids and advertising weekly in the paper.

The local newspaper ads show photos of the various Honda models, including the Insight or say "Change Your Car. Not Your Life" and list the MPG fuel economy of Honda models (Insight leading the list, of course). The dealership emailed last week that they have a 2005 Insight coming in this month and that they will take orders.

Even if it is related to gas prices, it's still pretty exciting. Now people ask me, "What kind of milage does it get?" rather than, What is it?" :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts