Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched these forums and the only "How - To" is no longer online. So, how do I remove my factory stereo so I can put a new aftermarket one in? Feel free to make me feel stupid if you run across something I missed on this site.

jfire

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
I haven't actually removed the stereo, but to get as far as removing the center console to get access to it, you start by removing the glove box - 2 10 mm bolts on the lower corners.
Then there is a metal bar across the opening, that blocks the cabin air filter, which you may need to remove as well (now would be a good time to change the filter, if you haven't).

Then there are IIRC three screws that hold the center console, two at upper & lower right, one on the left. With those removed, the plastic console can just be pulled out - there are a number of snap-type fasteners. This gives you access to the stereo.

Warning: This is all from memory, but it was pretty obvious once the glove box was out.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Agreed. There used to be a good link on this site about upgrading the headunit but it doesn't work anymore. Once you get the glovebox out, you should be able to figure it out. As james said, once you unscrew the screws holding the plastic surround on, you can grab it and pull it off as the rest are just clips.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Guys.
I'm still a while from doing the head unit, but now I know what to look for.

Thanks!

jfire

1 - 4 of 4 Posts