Honda Insight Forum banner

How do you install the Donnelly - Mirror and a GPS receiver?

9K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  hack123456 
I ran the power and temp sensor cable down the A-pillar. I removed the drivers side front wheel and plastic inner wheel well shield. Then I ran the temp sensor cable inside the wheel well and tie-wrapped it to the existing cable that runs there. I mounted the sensor inside the lower front bumper. This will make more sense once you remove the wheel and inner liner.

The other thing I noticed with the Donnelly mirror is that, because it is slightly larger than the stock Insight mirror, I am now able to see out the upper and lower back windows at the same time.

Gary

The temp probe is mounted inside the front bumper to protect it. I connected the power for the mirror to the switched 12 volt terminal on the inside fuse panel.

Once the compass was operational, I performed the calibration procedure outlined in the mirror instructions. Basically, you just drive in a circle to calibrate it (in an open area, away from buildings and power lines).

I replaced the mirror mounting button on the windshield. Be very careful when removing the original button because it is very easy to crack the windshield.

Gary

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.