Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone somehow managed to bend the vertical B pillar black metal trim piece on the outside of the passenger door. I am trying to remove it to replace it. There is a Philips screw at the top but the bottom won't come off. I don't want to force it and risk damaging it any more.
Does anyone know how to remove that piece? It's the one attached to the front door.
Sample image here (in this case, it's a Civic but this is jus to show the part I'm talking about)
Thank you for any help.
Bo

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
Ive tighten those screws as mines work loose from time to time.

Im clueless at this point. Wonder what the instructions say to do that sell chrome pillar replacements?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you JimJohn.

The part I have trouble with is your 2. How do you "release the lower edge from the glass outer weatherstrip"? It seems to be held on down there by something... I don't want to simply pull up on it out of fear of breaking a clip or something...

Thank you very much.

Bo

·
Registered
345 Posts
From the one picture in the book:

There are three clips attaching it to the door. The top two are a T-Slot that require the piece to slide up to release. The bottom one looks like it pops straight out. The bottom is it held under the lower window weatherstrip by a small stub. So it I'd imagine that the you would need to pop the lower one out while pivoting it out from under the weatherstrip, then lifting up to release the top two T-Clips from their slots.

Hope that helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts