Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok this is driving me insane!!! I have just a simple question...

How do you go from this plastic fuel pump connector that has plastic nylon all the way to the engine to a regular steel or copper nickel fuel line instead? I don't see how I can attach attach a nicopp fuel line to this plastic line. Any ideas? How would this normally be done?

Sorry if this question is stupid or too obvious but I'm lost

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Also I've read almost every thread on this topic and I'm wondering why no one has recommended using plastic nylon fuel hose for the entire system as opposed to nicopp or steel? The nylon hose is what the engineers designed it to have afterall!
(y) :) (y)

·
Registered
2000 Silverstone G1- 200k miles
342 Posts
Also I've read almost every thread on this topic and I'm wondering why no one has recommended using plastic nylon fuel hose for the entire system as opposed to nicopp or steel? The nylon hose is what the engineers designed it to have afterall!
(y) :) (y)
Most cars don't run nylon all the way to the engine. It degrades over time and you'd have to shield it from getting hit by something. BMW in the 80s to 2000s (until they went direct injection) all have steel lines with 2in rubber sections for junctions (to the fuel line and filter and pump for example). So, no. The engineers didn't design the car to have nylon hose through the whole car.

On a plastic fitting like that, one end is barbed for a nylon hose to clamp on sometimes and then that nylon hose goes to a steel line, or there could be a fitting. Houses have copper pipes that are terminated with plastic for ease of installation, so it's not out of the ordinary.

As for the leaking lines, that's just bad planning on Honda's part. It's too exposed so even if they galvanized the pipes, debris would chip away at it until it started rusting again.

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
12,172 Posts
Buy a car from the non "salted roads" for a cure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts