Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the insight and and Accord hybrids are no longer being made by Honda... etc.. so how long is Honda obligated to provide parts for our cars?

·
Registered
741 Posts
u.s. law == 10 years

Honda's starting to look really bad. They are now down to only one hybrid car (civic) while the competition is adding new models. I can understand why they discontinued the poorly-selling Accord (it was overpriced & not enough MPG improvement), but not the Insight. In an era of $4.00/gallon gas fill-ups, the 65mpg insight is exactly what people want.

But it's gone.

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
C"mon fellas, don't get your shorts in a knot.

Honda has already stated that they are working on one or more new hybrids. The next Honda hybrid will have mass appeal due to four passenger capacity with price and mileage better than the current Prius and Civic hybrids. It is projected to sell at 20 to 40 times the volume of the Insight. Both the Insight and the Accord hybrid effectively canceled themselves due to lack of volume. Don't blame Honda. The reality is that ALL the super efficient cars have been canceled except for the Smart, and it has not really made money despite significant sales, other than the US of course where it is not available.

As for looking bad, Honda was still the mileage leader for their overall fleet the last time I checked. Yes, I realize that this could change soon due to the outstanding Prius sales (almost triple the volume of this time last year). Neither the Insight or Accord were giving Honda a means to compete with the Prius.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts