Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All:

___Does the Insight come w/ 2 sets of FOB’s and 2 keys or just 1 FOB and 2 keys? I have seen some Ebay listings where they sell them with just 1 set (1 FOB and 1 key) and others with both sets (2 FOB’s and 2 keys) and even a third (valet?) key possibly. I have to pick mine up on the 29th and want to make sure I get the right amount of keys and FOB’s before driving off is all.

___Thanks again …

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email:29xkv4ci][email protected][/email:29xkv4ci]

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
Two radio fobs and three keys. One key is a grey valet key which could be ground a little to make it work on the hatch as well. All 3 keys have the engine transponder built in of course.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi B1shmu63:

___Thank you and as always, Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email:291pve9u][email protected][/email:291pve9u]

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
My car came with only one key and one remote so here's what I did. I considered a vallet key to be pointless so I didn't even bother. In the mean time while I was figuring this out I had a non transponder key cut for $2 that could get me in to the car at least. Ok so the FCC id code apparently is the important number to making the remote work. Well, the CRV and the S2000 share the same one so $15 later I had a used CRV remote here and I found programming instructions and got it to work. It has an extra trunk release button which does nothing, but the other three work.

For another transponder key I finally just bit it and was willing to pay whatever I had to to get a new one made. Well, they were able to cut and clone a transponder key off of mine for $13 at the dealership.

So while we're on the topic here... really, what is the point of the vallet key? I mean I know your supposed to use it for when the car is vallet parked, but it's kind of pointless. First the only limitation with it is the rear hatch, it won't open it. However, it will open both doors and start the car. From here a guy could simply hit the unlock on the door, walk back to the hatch and open it. Anyone figure the logic of this out?

·
Registered
200 Posts
My guess is that Honda, as a matter of normal operating procedure, gives the buyer two regular keys and one valet key. The probably didn't feel like breaking the normal cycle, and so they provide a valet key for the Insight even though it is rather pointless, seeing as how there is no separation in the Insight like there would be for a car with a trunk.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Valet key?

It should really be called the "glove box key." That's all that's really secure when you use the valet key at a valet parking event. :wink:

·
Registered
334 Posts
Don't forget that the Insight key ring should have come with a small tab of aluminium with your key ident code stamped on it. I still have mine.

2 Black keys
1 Gray key
2 Entry FOB's (if you have the wireless entry option)
1 Key Ident # tab

1 to 3 black protective covers on the blade of the keys (I still have one of these on my second black key)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts