Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
My car came with only one key and one remote so here's what I did. I considered a vallet key to be pointless so I didn't even bother. In the mean time while I was figuring this out I had a non transponder key cut for $2 that could get me in to the car at least. Ok so the FCC id code apparently is the important number to making the remote work. Well, the CRV and the S2000 share the same one so $15 later I had a used CRV remote here and I found programming instructions and got it to work. It has an extra trunk release button which does nothing, but the other three work.

For another transponder key I finally just bit it and was willing to pay whatever I had to to get a new one made. Well, they were able to cut and clone a transponder key off of mine for $13 at the dealership.

So while we're on the topic here... really, what is the point of the vallet key? I mean I know your supposed to use it for when the car is vallet parked, but it's kind of pointless. First the only limitation with it is the rear hatch, it won't open it. However, it will open both doors and start the car. From here a guy could simply hit the unlock on the door, walk back to the hatch and open it. Anyone figure the logic of this out?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.