Honda Insight Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Could I do a little detective work and send you a list of usernames and threads? Some as you say will have posts in ohter threads, but some of us have pretty good dedicated LTO builds, and it would be nice to have an index of them somewhere.

·
Super Moderator
8,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Sure, that would help. I want to find a way to strip off the descriptor part that is attached to links. That will just make the whole thing overly long.

·
Registered
175 Posts
It's easy to hyperlink the person's name. like this Adria. that way it doesn't expand into a lot of unweildly text.

·
Administrator
11,586 Posts
There are loads of lithium thread on here including my ten year old original ones. Not all are LTO of course.

·
Super Moderator
8,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
There are loads of lithium thread on here including my ten year old original ones. Not all are LTO of course.
True, but just trying to capture the actual conversions completed or seriously planned. I can think of only two more, your earlier conversion and midnightsnacker use of Ford Energy cells.:)

·
Premium Member
Chicago & Detroit
847 Posts
I don't think anyone except the people doing the conversations should post them. Too much work for a second party to do. Make a spreadsheet. I'm going to put my information in soon, post or mid project. Others can do the same.

·
Super Moderator
8,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I think there is a community interest in keeping track. Some members may want to read about this innovative work and they are likely to want to know who has done what. I don't mind trying to capture the data. Off site spreadsheets aren't a part of IC and are less reliable. They are also much more vulnerable to corruption if they are open to public. I once spent several hours "repairing" the citrus registry spreadsheet. :)

·
Premium Member
Chicago & Detroit
847 Posts
Jime - go head, do the work. I was talking personal spreadsheets. I have one with all posts I want to keep for purposes to pull-up anytime in the future about every aspect I think I may need info on.

·
Super Moderator
8,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Yeah, that is a good idea as personal ref, but you can't make it available for public edit so that others can put in their data. That would invite tampering.

·
Administrator
11,586 Posts
You can set up shareable google documents including spreadsheets with restricted editing rights or view only for most people.

·
Super Moderator
8,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
While a google spreadsheet would be convenient, I hate google intrusiveness and try to stay away from them. I don't even search with google any more - there are alternatives. If someone wants to construct a google spreadsheet then they may be my guest. Nothing is free, so take a guess at how google makes their money;)

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Happy to report that my 72 Cell LTO conversion is functional. I am using a BCM Replacer with the 16 Tap board, and 12 Taps. My conversion is not complete, I still have some things to finish up but I will make my own conversion thread when I get there.

·
Super Moderator
8,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
It would be kinda nice if you would do a build thread with some pictures. The threads are important I think to document the various solutions as the conversions evolve. It isn't really necessary to be finished to do the thread. Folks are learning all the time. I'm on my second version and still recognize that I could have done better.

·
Premium Member
806 Posts
I was the first to actually do the LTO conversion, I was just so fed up with the NiMh batteries that I had enough and was extremly motivated to remove that outdated technology out of my car. The idea to use the LTO cells was from another forum member. He first mentioned it in the thread about what lithium batteries to use made by mudder.

I was doing research at the time for what battery chemistry to use and I wasn't really liking many of the options out there, then a forum member posted about these LTO cells. I never even heard of these cells. When I looked up the specs I was just amazed at how great these LTO cells were and instantly knew these were the cells to use.

The other forum member actually bought the cells before I did but last time I asked him he never did the conversion. I wonder if he ever went through with it. At that time there wasn't a whole lot of information about actually doing the conversion.

The big issue at the time was there was many different posts about doing a lithium conversion but they were so many different threads and the information was so scattered and much of it scattered in extremely long and old threads. I tried to simplify the complete conversion process in my thread. It did take many hours of reading and searching through the many posts about the conversion, and asking many questions.

Even building the charger was so complicated at first, yet so easy once you complete it.

·
Premium Member
2,885 Posts
My 1st one has been in the car a few years now .. is a 48s LiFePO4 A123

The 2nd one I'm turtiling along toward .. will be 3p48s LiFePO4 A123

---

MikeD had also completed a 50s A123 LiFePO4 pack build .. I got it from him when I bought all his A123 cells.

---
Steve0 .. did a A123 LiFePO4 conversion.

---

Also Peter has done lots of them:
(As I recall)
40Ah 50s LiFePO4 (square cells , often used in full BEV conversions)

20Ah 50s LiFePO4 A123

There was another 50s LiFePO4 one .. the cilindrical cells .. the one that Peter found out they don't like the high regen rates.

Peter also did a Li build for that UK rally Insight

And Peter did do a low cell count LTO build.

And Peter is working on a high cell count LTO built.

----

I don't know if he left it in .. but Mudder also did do a Leaf cell conversion .. even if Linsight itself has not been released .. he did have it in his car , and it was working .. I don't know if it is still installed.

·
Premium Member
806 Posts
I haven't been keeping up with everyone's builds.

Has anyone actually used the IMA boost?

Has anyone had issues with the strong coast regen, especially when using the current hack?

·
Administrator
11,586 Posts
I haven't been keeping up with everyone's builds.

Has anyone actually used the IMA boost?

Has anyone had issues with the strong coast regen, especially when using the current hack?
I use IMA Boost in my JDM CVT.

When using the strong regen at low rpm (usually around the square/sine wave changeover point) and the current hack you can occasionally trigger an IMA FSC short code for the IGBT. Is that your issue?

You can defeat that code with a tweak inside the MCM ;) or you could use a lower current hack setting...

21 - 40 of 43 Posts