Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've lost track. How many conversions, executed or planned, do we have at this point?

Executed:
1. insightbuyer, 84 cells, NY
2. jime, 72 cells, VA
3. Atheos, 60 cells, TN
4. prototypist
5. Lenweise
6. slociviccoupe
7. gts8650, 84 cells, NC
8. psifreak, 72 cells, CA

Planned:
1. Mountaindriver
2. rainsux
3. minor4326
4. Darkfish

·
Super Moderator
4,692 Posts
Mine is planned, and I have pretty much everything I need to do it. It is not started yet.

Sam

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
I have my batteries, but was waiting to see if I should try and use BCM replacer or not.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have my batteries, but was waiting to see if I should try and use BCM replacer or not.
I decided to use the Mini Interceptor and Fooler to get the thing working now. I will probably go the Replacer route eventually. Other than a couple of slight bugs I am trying to work out, it is working wonderfully. Stays around 168 to 170 for my commute. Looks like about 58 mpg around town, and 72 highway for a 38 mile round trip.

·
Super Moderator
6,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I decided to use the Mini Interceptor and Fooler to get the thing working now. I will probably go the Replacer route eventually.
Yeah, that was my approach also. It is technically easy to get this "minimal" configuration on-line. It is also quite serviceable with a little manual monitoring. Most of the hard work is in getting the packs mounted securely in the limited space.

I own an Orion, so I'm trying to figure out if just integrating the Orion will give me a robust system. The BCM interceptor has controls which could be integrated with the Orion, and the Orion has a small SOC gauge of its own.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I received my LTO batteries two weeks ago. I decided on an 84-cell layout using the BCM Replacer with 14 voltage taps. I am fortunate to have a donor Insight for laying out the design and for test fitting the mounting hardware inside the IMA Box. I packed the LTO batteries and all the mounting hardware inside my IMA-lighted vehicle and drove it to InsightFest in Columbus, Ohio. Most of the installation was completed on Friday and installation was completed this morning in the Best Western rear parking lot. I received much help from Peter Perkins and Issac, as well as support from Jim Epting, IamIan, and EVPowers. I am happy to report that my drive home today was uneventful. I'll post more about this project later along with my initial impressions.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I received my LTO batteries two weeks ago. I decided on an 84-cell layout using the BCM Replacer with 14 voltage taps. I am fortunate to have a donor Insight for laying out the design and for test fitting the mounting hardware inside the IMA Box. I packed the LTO batteries and all the mounting hardware inside my IMA-lighted vehicle and drove it to InsightFest in Columbus, Ohio. Most of the installation was completed on Friday and installation was completed this morning in the Best Western rear parking lot. I received much help from Peter Perkins and Issac, as well as support from Jim Epting, IamIan, and EVPowers. I am happy to report that my drive home today was uneventful. I'll post more about this project later along with my initial impressions.
I would be interested in seeing the layout. I barely got 72 to fit into box. What cells are you using?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
9 Participants
ericbecky
Honda Insight Forum
We’re the ultimate Honda Insight forum to talk about Honda’s hybrid car and its fuel economy and specs!
Full Forum Listing