Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! Just wondering how many miles do you have on your insight?

I own a 2014 insight and have 76,000 miles.
My commute is 192 miles round-trip mostly freeway. I purchased the car last September with 34,000. Tires and brakes have been replaced. Routine oil changes done and transmission fluid replaced. I'm hoping to get this close to 200k.

I'll probably hit 100k in 6 more months.

Have a great one!

·
Registered
14 Posts
2011 LX here . . . . . 55,000 miles . . . . so far so good. Needed new rear shocks at 38k along with new 12 volt battery. . . .. otherwise everything else routine fluids change etc. I too am hoping for high mileage. I’m not so sure about the tech in these new tangled CVT transmissions, but I aim to keep the fluids changed and hope for the best!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2010 Insight just under 90,000 miles, I've put about 45,000 miles on it in the 3 years I've owned it.

I did meet another 2nd gen Insight owner once who had over 200,000 miles on hers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My has 180k, it runs like a new car, the paint and everything else it's original, only tires, oil and filters. I changed the transmission fluid at 90k, I when this weekend to replace it again and the dealer said that he doesn't recommend since has been to long from last change.

·
Registered
33 Posts
2011 with125,000 miles

New struts and shocks made it ride like new.

Changed CVT fluid 3 or 4 times, and oil before minder gets to
0%.

AC developed a slow leak over 2 years. I put in new refrigerant rather than pay someone to hunt down the leak.

No problems.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
My has 180k, it runs like a new car, the paint and everything else it's original, only tires, oil and filters. I changed the transmission fluid at 90k, I when this weekend to replace it again and the dealer said that he doesn't recommend since has been to long from last change.
Replace the fluid anyway. The actual interval is about every 45k, but every other oil change is not too often. The MID should set a code for the trans fluid change.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Got 139k now. changed the front pads and rotors when bought at 19k. Pads still have some life left!! Done the regular oil changes but i did not know every 45k your supposed to do the tranny oil change until i hit 100k!! Now i do it every other oil change. I also replaced front stabilizer bars passenger side broke around 90k thats it! No major mechanical issues knock on wood!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
305 Posts
Miles/km

Hi just got my 2nd insight uk es variant53000miles/84/5km and delighted to be back driving an insight-traded in my ze2 last July big mistake

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've got a 2010 LX that I bought in November '18. It had 27,090 miles on it when I bought it, but has just over 38,200 now.

My commute is about 30 miles total a day, but I do a lot of leisure driving too. It's a fun little car, if a bit weak... but hard to argue with a consistent ~43 MPG! :D I absolutely love it though, honestly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bought our new 2010 EX .344K KM or 213K Miles just over 10 years ago. Still have the original rear brakes, regen does wonders. Two sets of front disk pads and rotors once. OEM tires were the pits. On my second set of winter tires and maybe 5 years with Yokohama' s that were one of few available to match size needed.

Recalls for airbags, roof trim and on other thing.

Oil changes when minder says and CVT every two changes or about 38-40K KM. Just installed my second set of plugs, now that I'm retired it was DIY, time consuming and a learning curve.Did not have dealer close earlier so our local garage / tire dealer did a great job maintaining. The last 6 years it has lived outside garage while wife's car sheltered. Showing chips and paint issues on hood. Other spots showing on one rocker and rear door.

Hope to see another 5 years before replacing.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I enjoy got a Es 2011, registered in January 2012. On 77k miles, nothing major apart from VSA yaw sensor needing replacing and drive shaft heat shield was rattling so tightened it up. Clear coat has stripped off the bonnet after someone threw some eggs on it 😢noticed some surface rust on the sub frame so wire brushed it sprayed with rustolem and wax oiled it. Changed the oil every 7-10k and cvt every 25k, two sets of front brake pads and one pair of disks.

Touch wood so far has been a cracking car, and plan to run it until the wheels fall off!

·
Registered
10 Posts
2010 EX w/58k miles. Due for A123 service which I am waiting on parts for now. Only issue has been a blown IMA blower motor fuse. Bought in 2012 when it had 10-15k miles on it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just put a post up with the sad tale of mine. But I would like to give it it's due. It had 326k kms, thats around 202k miles. The fuel milage had gotten a little lower (5.3 in the summer, 6.1 in the winter) and the AC compressor went out last week (quoted 2300 to fix) but had otherwise been a great car.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I just put a post up with the sad tale of mine. But I would like to give it it's due. It had 326k kms, thats around 202k miles. The fuel milage had gotten a little lower (5.3 in the summer, 6.1 in the winter) and the AC compressor went out last week (quoted 2300 to fix) but had otherwise been a great car.
That's tough luck

·
Registered
20 Posts
Mine is a 2012 Insight EX w/ Nav. I have 126k miles on it and just had to replace the front tires (strange bubble formed, maybe from a bump) and the spark plugs (got engine light and rough driving while out for a drive, thankfully it was an easy fix). I also upgraded all the interior and exterior lights to LEDs, which definitely gives a car a younger appearance than the previous yellow halogen glow.

I bought the car for $5k last year and I plan to keep driving it for years. I have a small oil leak that I'm keeping an eye on (the car has already been serviced for the piston ring recalls unfortunately, and Honda quoted me $3K to repair the new leak) and next I plan to change CVT fluid and upgrade the console to something that doesn't like its from the early 2000's (I can't believe people bought this crappy nav system in 2012...) hopefully with Apple Carplay and a decent screen.

I just drove 250+ miles in one sitting for work, and thankfully I can expense the miles. I averaged 44mpg on the trip so its gonna be a tidy profit :D

·
Registered
305 Posts
Mine is a 2012 Insight EX w/ Nav. I have 126k miles on it and just had to replace the front tires (strange bubble formed, maybe from a bump) and the spark plugs (got engine light and rough driving while out for a drive, thankfully it was an easy fix). I also upgraded all the interior and exterior lights to LEDs, which definitely gives a car a younger appearance than the previous yellow halogen glow.

I bought the car for $5k last year and I plan to keep driving it for years. I have a small oil leak that I'm keeping an eye on (the car has already been serviced for the piston ring recalls unfortunately, and Honda quoted me $3K to repair the new leak) and next I plan to change CVT fluid and upgrade the console to something that doesn't like its from the early 2000's (I can't believe people bought this crappy nav system in 2012...) hopefully with Apple Carplay and a decent screen.

I just drove 250+ miles in one sitting for work, and thankfully I can expense the miles. I averaged 44mpg on the trip so its gonna be a tidy profit :D
Good luck with it,keep us informed ref upgrades- major hassle ref Led upgrade? Any pics? I'd love to change also. I drive a 2012 es and thankfully no oil problems so far

·
Registered
11 Posts
250k. I just bought it from a good friend that bought it with 10miles on it. It still runs great. Ac went out and with the mileage he upgraded. So I bought it from him for 1k. Using it as a delivery vehicle. He has no issues with it. Just normal wear and tear things. He had the 100k service done. But hasn't done anything but oil and tires since. I'm about to go through it and service it all again and see if I can get another 100k out of it. Wish me luck..lol..

·
Registered
305 Posts
250k. I just bought it from a good friend that bought it with 10miles on it. It still runs great. Ac went out and with the mileage he upgraded. So I bought it from him for 1k. Using it as a delivery vehicle. He has no issues with it. Just normal wear and tear things. He had the 100k service done. But hasn't done anything but oil and tires since. I'm about to go through it and service it all again and see if I can get another 100k out of it. Wish me luck..lol..
happy days👍

·
Registered
34 Posts
Bought new in 2011, done 320,000 km (199,000 miles). Nothing major beside the regular fluids maintenance. Wear and tear replacement done were front brake pads (rear still good), front shock absorbers, spark plugs twice, an inner drive shaft cover and valve cover gasket.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts