Honda Insight Forum banner

21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Bought new in 2011, done 320,000 km (199,000 miles). Nothing major beside the regular fluids maintenance. Wear and tear replacement done were front brake pads (rear still good), front shock absorbers, spark plugs twice, an inner drive shaft cover and valve cover gasket.
Got your money's worth ??

·
Registered
45 Posts
I had the morning cold start up/driving jerkiness until I got it serviced last week + the software updates. I'm assuming the software updates must have fixed it.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I had the morning cold start up/driving jerkiness until I got it serviced last week + the software updates. I'm assuming the software updates must have fixed it.
Yes jerkiness etc +better MPG ( jerkiness still occurs albeit minor,as in when putting in reverse or D ,you have to give it a second)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello! Just wondering how many miles do you have on your insight?

I own a 2014 insight and have 76,000 miles.
My commute is 192 miles round-trip mostly freeway. I purchased the car last September with 34,000. Tires and brakes have been replaced. Routine oil changes done and transmission fluid replaced. I'm hoping to get this close to 200k.

I'll probably hit 100k in 6 more months.

Have a great one!
I have 443,000 miles on mine Insight is an amazing car!

·
Registered
3 Posts
?
Just picked up a 2011 with 205k on the odometer. Carfax showed a great service record. Hoping to get a few years out of this sweet ride with my 60 mile daily commute.

·
Registered
179 Posts
2010 (bought in 2009) Insight EX. 103,000 miles

Aside from routine maintenance and oil changes...

• soon after purchase a rattle developed in the headliner. Dealer installed some sound deadening foam and it went away
  • one of the rubber strips that runs the length of the roof fell off during a road trip. I purchased a new one - this was before the recall for this issue
  • the CHECK IMA light began to come on intermittently at 98.5k miles. I replaced the 12v battery at this time because it tested low but the light came on periodically even with the new 12v. After some discussion here and with a mechanic it was advised to drive the car more often. I have been and the light has not come back on
  • the ac compressor needed to be replaced at around 102k miles.
  • rear shocks needed to be replaced at around 1-2k miles

·
Registered
426 Posts
2010 (bought in 2009) Insight EX. 103,000 miles

Aside from routine maintenance and oil changes...

• soon after purchase a rattle developed in the headliner. Dealer installed some sound deadening foam and it went away
  • one of the rubber strips that runs the length of the roof fell off during a road trip. I purchased a new one - this was before the recall for this issue
  • the CHECK IMA light began to come on intermittently at 98.5k miles. I replaced the 12v battery at this time because it tested low but the light came on periodically even with the new 12v. After some discussion here and with a mechanic it was advised to drive the car more often. I have been and the light has not come back on
  • the ac compressor needed to be replaced at around 102k miles.
  • rear shocks needed to be replaced at around 1-2k miles
A/C compressor expensive? Thank you

·
Registered
179 Posts
I just put a post up with the sad tale of mine. But I would like to give it it's due. It had 326k kms, thats around 202k miles. The fuel milage had gotten a little lower (5.3 in the summer, 6.1 in the winter) and the AC compressor went out last week (quoted 2300 to fix) but had otherwise been a great car.
Our Insight needed a new ac compressor recently. The Honda dealer that I go to suggested two options - an official Honda part or a part from Napa. The Honda part was $2300ish and the Napa was around $1700. I'd usually opt for the Honda part but seeing that the car itself (2010 with 103k miles) is not worth much more than the part, I chose the Napa part. The car also needed new rear shocks so saving anywhere I could was welcome. The ac compressor and shocks together was about $2200.

·
Registered
17 Posts
250k. I just bought it from a good friend that bought it with 10miles on it. It still runs great. Ac went out and with the mileage he upgraded. So I bought it from him for 1k. Using it as a delivery vehicle. He has no issues with it. Just normal wear and tear things. He had the 100k service done. But hasn't done anything but oil and tires since. I'm about to go through it and service it all again and see if I can get another 100k out of it. Wish me luck..lol..
would like to hear an update : anything you found in the 'go through it' /'service it all again' and maybe another at 300K !
(miles right )?

21 - 40 of 75 Posts