Honda Insight Forum banner

41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
62K miles on 2010 Insight ES-T, which is the UKDM stopgap before the EX was introduced - i.e. as EX spec but no reversing sensors or HID lamps. Bought this about 5 years ago with 34K on the clock.

Just taken it out of storage after the last 3 months, as it was my wife's - but shes now got a new car, and I have just sold my Mitsubishi IMIEV and taken the I2.

Been mostly a good car, other than a transmission failure at 38k Miles, happening about 3 months after we bought it. Was not actually too expensive to replace. Other than that, it's been a great car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
2012 EX - now 130K miles

Had the oil consumption issue at 70K; dealer did the ring replacement, small oil leak since then that I've lived with; plugs were done then too. Recently replaced all 4 shocks with KYB, rears were leaking before, somewhat better ride, was hoping for better. Powerstop pads/rotors on front; still same on rear, brake fluid changed. Changed trans fluid for first time at about 120K. 3rd set of tires, Yokohama AVID Ascends, decent, long lasting (about 60K from previous). Replaced original 12v battery earlier this year. Daily 75 mile commuter, averages about 46 MPG on commute, about 42 around town, down from 48/44 over the last couple of years.

Currently the motor vibrates at start up, thinking it's the valves needing an adjustment (have had previous Honda's). Also needs a coolant flush. A/C blows cool - but maybe not quite as cold as originally.

Aside from oil consumption, which Honda covered, it's been what I bought it for - a good commuter. Have to get used to the sight lines, which aren't great. Have the extended warranty related to the OC issue through next October. Need something a bit bigger with 3 kids now so will look at the Accord Hybrid, among others, after that.
IMG_4164.JPG

41 - 42 of 42 Posts