Honda Insight Forum banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Insight Base
36 Posts
104K and on tires I'm going from the 185/60/15 to a 195/55/15 , only 1.7% diff in size so speedo might be 1/2 mph off at 60 , with a bigger patch on ground and less side yaw with a 55 profile.

Reactions: Garrydhu

·
Registered
8 Posts
Winner winner chicken dinner! Other than the comment of 443k miles without any other info I'm next high...

2013 Insight EX bought in April 2014 New with 3 miles on it and currently with 275k miles!!! I've done most the maintenance myself after Honda gave me a new engine from their excessive engine oil consumption service bulletin. Zero cost for the new short block and it has been great ever since.
Full synthetic oil and filter every 11-12k miles
Honda CVT every 50k
Spark plugs at 100K
Belts at 100k
AC charge and Freon at 250k
Front pads at 120k, then front pads and rotors at 200k, getting close to needing new brakes on the front and yet to change rear.
Issue with cylinders misfiring at 220k, changed out 2 ignition coils and problem solved, also changed those plugs with the two new coils
also replaced cabin air filter every year and use a K&N for under the hood
Always riding on good tires

I drive 90 miles one way all highway in cruise control to work. I literally see 1 light and 1 stop sign! On average I do almost 50k a year and plan to put 500k on this vehicle!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
192k as of yesterday on my 2010 EX. Oil changes and tires are the most I’ve had to replace other than the front brakes and rotors at 105k. I also had to replace the windshield because I’m and idiot and tried to fit a 2x4x10 in my car. It fit, until I closed the lift gate and cracked the windshield. ?‍♂

Shocks and struts are due as well as a spark plug replacement. Also have to replace my TPMS sensors as one is dead. Having an issue with emissions as it seems to think my fuel cap is perpetually loose; hopefully a new OEM cap fixes that. The one I bought from autozone didn’t.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Winner winner chicken dinner! Other than the comment of 443k miles without any other info I'm next high...

2013 Insight EX bought in April 2014 New with 3 miles on it and currently with 275k miles!!! I've done most the maintenance myself after Honda gave me a new engine from their excessive engine oil consumption service bulletin. Zero cost for the new short block and it has been great ever since.
Full synthetic oil and filter every 11-12k miles
Honda CVT every 50k
Spark plugs at 100K
Belts at 100k
AC charge and Freon at 250k
Front pads at 120k, then front pads and rotors at 200k, getting close to needing new brakes on the front and yet to change rear.
Issue with cylinders misfiring at 220k, changed out 2 ignition coils and problem solved, also changed those plugs with the two new coils
also replaced cabin air filter every year and use a K&N for under the hood
Always riding on good tires

I drive 90 miles one way all highway in cruise control to work. I literally see 1 light and 1 stop sign! On average I do almost 50k a year and plan to put 500k on this vehicle!!!
Wow alot of miles and still going.awsome. have you done the water pump or original still going strong?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
update!
Currently at 285k
NO, I have not changed water pump! Probably starting to get a little risky being the 6th year I’m about to be driving it...
Maybe I’ll consider this summer!

Needed brakes on front, caliper wasn’t releasing and just went all new for front!
Easy job, calipers, rotors, and pads! Flushed out a bunch of brake fluid and added Honda brand fluid as replacement!

·
Registered
20 Posts
My 2010 Honda Insight, bought new off the show room, floor in 2009 has now topped 408,000. Yes, that's correct, four hundred and eight thousand miles. My goal is to top 500,000 with this car. I've had no major breakdowns and along with regular maintenance and the occasional break and tire change have had no serious issues. I did replace the shocks and structs but hard to remember that back at about 250,000 miles or so.

·
Registered
420 Posts
My 2010 Honda Insight, bought new off the show room, floor in 2009 has now topped 408,000. Yes, that's correct, four hundred and eight thousand miles. My goal is to top 500,000 with this car. I've had no major breakdowns and along with regular maintenance and the occasional break and tire change have had no serious issues. I did replace the shocks and structs but hard to remember that back at about 250,000 miles or so.
Absolutely fantastic,well done

·
Registered
1 Posts
2011 EX version 179K, paint still shines like new, sun visors both came off around 100K, doing all my own oil/filter changes since I bought it with 69K in 2015. How far have you all gone before the big battery needs replacing???? I'm hoping for 200K before I look at the aftermarket battery replacement...

·
Registered
20 Posts
2011 EX version 179K, paint still shines like new, sun visors both came off around 100K, doing all my own oil/filter changes since I bought it with 69K in 2015. How far have you all gone before the big battery needs replacing???? I'm hoping for 200K before I look at the aftermarket battery replacement...
Have the original big battery in and checks out fine. I'd say you have another 300k to go

61 - 75 of 75 Posts