Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just for my own curiosity, how many of us Insight owners have leather seating surfaces installed in our cars? And for those that have, what did it cost you? I just recently had leather seats installed in my '06. I decided to go with a two-tone, so now I have "slate" color to match most of the interior and black accents. I also had the Insight logo embroidered onto the seat back. It looks good, but it wasn't cheap. With the two-tone and embroidery work, I spent close to $1300. Of course, this included wrapping the door panels in leather as well. I'll try and remember to upload some photos soon.

·
Registered
473 Posts
redluvr said:
Just for my own curiosity, how many of us Insight owners have leather seating surfaces installed in our cars?
I have not, but have wanted to. There's a place I saw recommended in another forum that I spoke with, in the San Diego area, but have since lost the info.

redluvr said:
And for those that have, what did it cost you?
Price as quoted was about $800 installed, including the door panels, as I remember.

I'd be especially interested to see your pics of the door panels. The original door interior of the Insight is so plain looking, I'm hoping the leather version looks somewhat more interesting.

Did the shop you went to construct the covers themselves, or install a kit.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
I had them in my Insight, sold it with them in it too. I just hope the new owner actually listened to me when I said they have to be conditioned regularly, they were un-clear-coated leather.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
they used a kit

The trim shop I used installed a kit for the seats but had to fabricate the door pieces themselves. The doors still look plain as before, but I just hated how quickly the original material on the doors got looking so filthy so soon. I think the leather is more pleasing to the touch and to the eye.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts