Honda Insight Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
2 - a 2000 and 2001, both manual, think the 2000 is 225K @67.2 and 2001 is 125K @65.5. I have to retrieve them out of a neighbors garage, and they both need big batteries and gird chargers this year. Anyone local who can help an old man? Chelsea, MI

·
Registered
57 Posts
We own a silver 2000 that we bought used on 6/18/2001, S/N 806. It had 4488 miles on it and I didn't know enough about the car and the culture to record or remember the LMPG but it was somewhere in the low 40's. The car now has 279190 miles on it and the LMPG is 78.2. The car was used primarily for my daily 60 mile commute and the occasional vacation until 9/25/2015. It had 204248 miles on it at that time and as I had developed some hypermiling skills the LMPG was up to 85.3. During that nearly 200000 miles I had achieved many tanks that averaged over 100+ MPG and over 1000+ mile range. Up till that time I was a pilot for the AZ DOT. The newly elected and current governor decided to merge the different AZ flight departments into one so I became an AZ DPS pilot. The primary duties of an AZDPS pilot is governor transportation, cop support, and other state business and as such we are on call 24/7. As part compensation for the on call requirement the staff is issued a state car for commuting. So that pretty much ended my use of the Insight for daily driving. At that time my wife began using the Insight for her daily 70 mile commute and she is NOT a hypermiler, I mean she even uses air conditioning. What's up with that? We are both retired now and the Insight is lightly used as the second car. It's in great shape having spent it's whole life inside day and night, has a new IMA battery, both cats and new sensors etc. It does have a cracked windshield and a bad drivers door window switch which is on the " TO-DO" list. We are collectors of vintage cars, mostly Mini/Micro, so the Insight will be with us for a long time to come.

Louis and Laural Hudgin
Gilbert, AZ

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am getting my 2000 Honda Insight ready for a car show, and just wondered how many of these cute little cars are still running around. Would love to hear your odometer reading and lifetime MPG.
My odometer reads 239658, with lifetime MPG 62.7. Thanks.
I live in Peru, IN and I have a 2003 Insight. It’a silver and my daily driver. The odometer just turned over to 58,000 mi and lifetime MPG is 45.1. The previous owner must have driven it with a bad battery for quite some time. When I bought it with 48,446 mi, the lifetime MPG was 36.6. It’s averaging 53.3 MPG now.

·
Registered
2003 Honda insight Automatic hatchback
5 Posts
I am getting my 2000 Honda Insight ready for a car show, and just wondered how many of these cute little cars are still running around. Would love to hear your odometer reading and lifetime MPG.
My odometer reads 239658, with lifetime MPG 62.7. Thanks.
Bro I just bought 2003 insight with 194k on it for 1,700$!! It needs some work but so far I love the car it's a beat little car!

·
Registered
2001 g1 mt synergy green 202000 plus and still going strong.
36 Posts
My Camero green baby has 205587 as of right now. 55.6 mph I don't know what the lmpg is because I can't change the buttons. Its a 2001 Mt bought used in 2002. I used to see g1s all the time in Tucson but lately i haven't seen any. Originally my car was a silver that was faded and drivers didn't see me. I got scared to drive it in town so I finally had it repainted to its beautiful color now. I am not scared anymore to drive my baby and will keep it until the day I have to hang up the keys and I am not anywhere near that time. Its been almost totaled in an accident by a texting person and I insisted that it get repaired in 2010. I just luvmyinsight!!!

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
I have got six of them. My cousin had four at one time he is down to two.. All of my cars are pretty good. Except that old testy green one you got to watch those you know.Always showing off green with envy.

I love the smell of Aluminum in the morning

·
Registered
15 Posts
Red 2002 340000KMS and going strong...original battery that i deep discharge once or twice a year no problems with the car...keep thinking I should try something newer but this little car keeps going and going and going...and costs near nothing to drive...if it finally dies I think I will convert it to full electric

21 - 29 of 29 Posts