Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a cvt lean burn ecu from japan that I want to sell. How much do you guys these are worth?

·
Super Moderator
8,148 Posts
As always, impossible to say for sure. They are pretty rare in U.S. and would have some cost to import from Japan. I wouldn't be embarrassed to ask $150 for it:unsure:

·
Registered
135 Posts
What part number is on your ECU? I have a LB ECU but it was more recent manufacturer and not an original parts run. If nobody else wants it I would pick it up from you.

A picture of the part number would be best.

These ECU can produce 70 mpg in a CVT but your driving is limited to 55-60 mph. For many people that is just not an option. CVT LB is not a magical wand that allows you to drive 70 mph and get 70 mpg.

·
7,181 Posts
The same can be said of MT cars really. You don't typically lean burn cruising at 75mph....

Maybe with a 30mph tailwind. ;)

·
Registered
135 Posts
I think the gear ratios of the manual vs the CVT make lean burn a bit harder to hold at high speed. Conversely the CVT LB slips in lower than 10 MPH so I believe the CVT holds advantages for city traffic.

This has nothing to do with his sale though. Free bump to his add.

·
7,181 Posts
Yeah, that makes sense.

I wouldn't mind one of these lean burn CVT beasts... I do need more CVT experience.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What part number is on your ECU? I have a LB ECU but it was more recent manufacturer and not an original parts run. If nobody else wants it I would pick it up from you.

These ECU can produce 70 mpg in a CVT but your driving is limited to 55-60 mph. For many people that is just not an option. CVT LB is not a magical wand that allows you to drive 70 mph and get 70 mpg.
I believe it is a newly manufacturered one. Do these not produce lean burn in the cvt when installed?

Part # 37820-phm-309. Is there a problem using these newer ones?

·
Registered
460 Posts
Please add me to the list of folks that have been, and still are interested in doing a LB CVT conversion!

·
Registered
135 Posts
I believe it is a newly manufacturered one. Do these not produce lean burn in the cvt when installed?

Part # 37820-phm-309. Is there a problem using these newer ones?
Those work fine, the wiring for those are a bit different for install for Scott got it figured out for my CVT.

you will certainly have no problem selling that ECU. You should list it on the For Sale forum with a price though. This isn’t an auction site EBay.

·
Registered
460 Posts
For several folks, I imagine, the question is, can you source more of them! They come around at such a trickle.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts