Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I am in the military and moving to Japan for 3 years, (YES, I will come back with lots of cool toys).
The rub is that I don't know how much to sell my baby, 2000 Insight with 49k miles, for.

Does anyone have any experience doing this sort of thing?
I'm in SoCal, which SHOULD be a pretty good place, given our gas prices, to sell it, but I have never sold a car and don't know what to believe as far as values.

Have any of you bought or sold your Insights and having, pardon the pun, insight on this?

Many thanks,

Cormac
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
Hi Cormac, does the car have a bumper sticker for the HOV lane? Surely in your area that would bring a premium.

Just 3 days ago our local Honda dealer sold a 2000, with 49,300 miles, to a friend of mine. He talked them down from $9950 to $9300. Is your car in superb shape? What is the Lifetime mileage (lmpg) ? Are you running original rubber? Does your battery SOC stay on full most of the time, and when depleted, does it "force charge" most of the way back?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
car information

Hi Billy,
Thanks for the information.
My car has a scratch, my wife scraped it with her van backing out of our driveway. It will take about $800 in cosmetic repair, which I will have done before I sell it.

New tires in the last 6 months.
New battery per the extended CA warranty in the last year.

:( No CA HOV sticker. I was deployed when it came on-line and since I live so close to base, didn't get info on it until they were all gone.

LMPG is 57.1 with mileage of 48697

The SOC (state/status of charge?) stays where my style of driving and type of streets (highway vs. start/stop locally) puts it. If I drive for efficiency vice speed, then it fills to the top and stays there. Otherwise, In shorter trips w/ lots of lights, it's more middle to 3/4 full.

Does that help?
Are people selling these to the dealer or doing person-to-person sales?

Thanks,

Cormac

·
Registered
40 Posts
cormac, if your car is red, I have the hov permit and stickers. I dont live in CA, I bough it from ca. two stickers are on the car, two are still not installed. I ll get rid of the stickers and trade bumpers if it helps both of us. Im in las vegas but get to so cal due to family.

My 2000 5 spd, red 118 k miles, is excellent shape got 7100.00.
Batteries replaced, bcm replaced, new tires, all service records etc.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
insight color and base

1320 and SeanW,

My car is silver, so I'm not sure how the CA sticker system works. Any knowledge on that? Can we transfer them?

SeanW, I live 1 mile outside Camp Pendleton, in Oceanside, in the North end of San Diego county.

Thanks,

Cormac

·
Registered
40 Posts
I dont think they can be removed once nstalled. I ve heard they are worth up to 3000.00 $. I dont really know anything about them , just that there are a limited number, and supposedly hybreds do not qualify but some qualified in the early going of the program.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts