Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello All..as a new person to this site..and a long time lurker..I read alot of your posts and it has really helped me alot..

My question for you all:

How much I am looking to pay for a 2006 insight?
I would like to buy a auto with AC.

Do these cars really get the incredible MPG that I read here..??..amazing.
I am impressed with these cars... :!:

·
Registered
45 Posts
my new 2005

my new 2005 CVT (auto trans) with air conditioning was $22,400

I bought floor mats, clear coat, security system, extended warranty (6 years + 120,000 miles) and 3 years of maintenance (free oil changes), tax, registration.

total price out the door was $26,000 and change.

I got a 6% loan - can't beat that.

I am getting 60 to 65 mpg with real careful driving, and I love the little car.

We named her "Sparky".

Lots of attention. Last week 2 people at the gas station asked if they could look inside.

Made my day.

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Hi pierremorris and welcome to the forum :!: :)

pierremorris said:
<snip>

Do these cars really get the incredible MPG that I read here..??..amazing. I am impressed with these cars... :!:
Yes, but it takes a different driving style. Mainly a bit slower. The super incredible MPG numbers are there too but it also takes cooperative traffic, weather and a bit of a fanatical bent toward MPG. Search the forum. There are many threads on the topic. :)

HTH! :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
At this point in time, with gas prices high and Insight production low I would say full list is probably the norm but, you might get lucky and find a dealer that wants to unload a 05 before the end of the year. Most people (including myself) are just happy to find an Insight. When I bought mine there were 3 availible in California. I really wanted a 5 speed but went with the CVT because thats what I could get my hands on. Here's a little tip the auto (CVT) comes with air. On the 5 speed cars it's an option. Carsdirect.com list retail price (and their price in this case) as $22,080. Your only options on the CVT is colors (red, blue, or silver). There are factor Honda accessories available such as floor mats, cargo mats, ash trays, etc.

Happy Shopping,
Todd

·
Registered
243 Posts
If you are willing to put a non-refundable deposit and then possibly wait several months (most people won't do this), then you might be able to get a deal. (We are talking around $1,500 savings) Do some research and find the true dealer's cost. Use several dealers and play them off one another. There are several websites out there with hints on how to get the best deal.

·
Registered
45 Posts
no problem getting one

By the way, I had no problem getting the car. Pacific Honda here in San Diego got me one from LA in one day. They were great to deal with. Called Wednesday, paid a refundable deposit, I drove home Friday night.

I've had her 3 and 1/2 weeks now. Lifetime MPG only 53 mpg but I am getting so much better driving.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts