Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fresh-off-the-boat Insight had 37 miles on it. Perhaps the mechanic drives it during the dealer prep? Perhaps others take it for a spin, despite promises to not do so?

Anyone else know more about this?

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Every new vehicle my family has ever bought always had less than 10 miles on it (Never bought a new Honda though). Perhaps it had to be driven across town from where it was dropped off to the dealership. There is a way to find out if this is normal mileage for one of their new cars. Sneak out back to where they have the field of new cars just sitting and get in to a couple and see how many miles they have on them. I'd imagine that would be your best bet as the ones on the front line probably have some miles on them from being test driven.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it. My wife sells Honda's and had an issue with a civic hybrid she delivered with the battery charge being low. Could be your salesman or the mechanics drove the car enough to get the battery up.

·
Registered
173 Posts
In PA, to get an inspection sticker on a new car, they are required to put a few miles on it. Our new Odyssey still had the plastic on the seats when we tore them off to test drive it - but it already had 7 miles on it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts