1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
Don't bother reading the 2 page article. Basically he uses a turbon generator with the fast charger to fill it up in 45 minutes to 80% with propane as the fuel mounted to a trailer.

Sent from my Autoguide iPod touch app

·
Registered
894 Posts
It's the Nissan Leaf Blower!

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wonder if instead of a propane generator he lined a tralier with solar panels?

·
Registered
224 Posts
How about a trailer with a gigantic supplementary battery pack? You could buy a lot of battery for $30000. Or even better, a CNG Civic. Natural gas is a lot cheaper than propane.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How about a trailer with a gigantic supplementary battery pack? You could buy a lot of battery for $30000. Or even better, a CNG Civic. Natural gas is a lot cheaper than propane.
That's true. You can haul around a 20KW PHEV Kit.

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
Turbine generators are used when a lot of power is needed from a small foot print. I am going to agree that if you can afford the car in the first place, you can afford to make a trailer with lifepo4 pack to supplement your electrical needs and plug both in when you get home or a charging station.

At the display I visited they said Best Buy was going to install 45 minute chargers at all locations.

Either way if you bought the vehicle to save money on fuel, this would take FOREVAR to break even.

I think 1 kilowatt is a mile on how it breaks down.

Sent from my Autoguide iPod touch app

1 - 7 of 7 Posts