Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
insight 2006 MT insight 2005 MT
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After making the motification, all the original buttons will keep the same function and the fourth button will unlock the door from behind.

Here is the original schematic of the circuit that unlocks the doors and the modification to activate the fourth button.
Rectangle Font Parallel Pattern Number

The circuit of the wireless door lock before mod
Circuit component Hardware programmer Electronic component Electronic engineering Font

The circuit of the wireless door lock after mod
Passive circuit component Circuit component Hardware programmer Computer hardware Electronic engineering

A pin must be added in the connector of the door lock circuit in position 5 (this is the hardest part of this project)
I find a pin in annother connector at scrap yard, sadly I dont remember from what car model did i get it.

the pin
Tool Metal Fashion accessory Composite material Wood

door lock connector wire in position 5
Hand Automotive lighting Automotive tire Guitar accessory Hood

The wire to add must go in the central console to the right pin as pointed with the screwdriver
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Electrical wiring Bicycle part

It would be easier to connect it in front of the connector, but it is better to connect it behind to keep the functionality of the connector. personally I have it connected behind.
You can't see it in the photo, but you must not reconnect the yellow wire which was there before I put my blue wire in the connector, otherwise it will blow fuse 22 under the dashboard
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Mechanic

·
Super Moderator
1,056 Posts
So if I understand this correctly. This makes it so that the 4th button on the remote will unlock the hatch.

This does not actuate the hatch opening mechanism, correct?

Edit: Also what about locking the hatch? RY4 in your diagram doesn't show a ground for the Normally Closed connection.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So if I understand this correctly. This makes it so that the 4th button on the remote will unlock the hatch.
Exactly

This does not actuate the hatch opening mechanism, correct?
correct. After pressing the unlock button on the key fob, you can open it simply by pressing the button on the bottom of the hatch

Also what about locking the hatch? RY4 in your diagram doesn't show a ground for the Normally Closed connection.
the locking works normally and current flows through RY4 then through RY2 then ground

A detail I forgot to mention. you have to hold down the button for about 2 seconds on the key fob for it to transmit the signal.

·
Premium Member
2,670 Posts
That's honestly amazing. I'll probably do this mod on the Citrus while I have the interior out.

Thanks for the discovery!

Reactions: eprom

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Awesome work eprom! Makes me wonder how many cents per unit Honda saved by not originally including this function.
thank you for your comments,
I think that if Honda did not do it it is simply because they should have modified the OMRON module.
i don't think it's honda's style to make mods but it's ours :cool:

·
Premium Member
Chicago & Detroit
1,362 Posts
@eprom. If I understand the mod-wiring you suggest, the yellow wire in the center under-dash must be disconnected and then the new blue wire at the remote connector (pin 5) must be connected to the connector in the center under-dash. Is the new blue wire taking the place of the yellow or put in another position and the yellow is just disconnected? I don't have my EWS manual with me so I don't know if that small plug is a 2-pin or larger. Can you describe the plug with its connector number? Great sloothing!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
this is the connector on the keyless module
Rectangle Schematic Font Parallel Technical drawing

you need to put a pin and a wire in position 5, then connect that wire to the back of the small connector in the center console with 2 wires to the back of the connector that I poke with my screwdriver.
You have to insulate the end of the yellow wire that goes into the wiring harness and connect the new wire to the place of the yellow to go into the connector.

the 2-pin connector is a disconnect for the 2 wires that go to the hatch lock actuator.

unfortunately I saw the little connector somewhere in my electrical manual, but I don't have it with me. I never found this connector in the pdf I have

I hope this help

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
A pin must be added in the connector of the door lock circuit in position 5 (this is the hardest part of this project)
Check out what was posted to the Facebook group one day after you started this thread. North American G1 Insighters

A quick Google image search shows a pin that looks similar to the one in your pic (first post in this thread).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts