Honda Insight Forum banner

How to disable Assist/Regen

30187 Views 81 Replies 32 Participants Last post by  charlieinjax
Here is how to disable Assist/Regen when you don't need it, such as when you are trying so keep from depleting the battery charge on long hills, or when you don't want background charging, or when you are going downhill and don't want to regen.

Take the 2 wires from the clutch pedal, run them thru a toggle switch and you're done, now anytime you don't want to use assist or regen, just flip the switch and IMA is disabled. :idea:
1 - 2 of 82 Posts
I'm surprised that this works: when I'm going up a hill and need to downshift, say coming into a switchback, the display will show a pulse of regen just as I push the clutch in. Only lasts for a second or two, a blip on then decay...
Calpod: No, I haven't installed the switch - still soldering away on the MIMA board. (With my usual good timing, the kit came in the mail just as I went into crunch mode on two projects at the same time.) This is the behavior of the stock system I'm talking about.

If I understand correctly, the theory behind this mod is that it doesn't do assist or regen when the clutch is pressed, right? But I think I do see regen when shifting. Maybe it's coming when the clutch reengages, though. I'm going to try to get away for a couple hours of skiing today, so I'll take a closer look if I can manage it.
1 - 2 of 82 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.