Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i put 17 in wheels on my I2 and they told me i would give me 3 less mpg
that almost came out to be true ( around 4+ mpg less )
also i use my pedal shifters 60 or 70 % more than drive
and im really carefull on how i drive so i can save gas but the most my car is givin me is 37.5

can anyone give me any tips on how to get more mpg?
i see people getting up to 60
thanx

·
Premium Member
1,632 Posts
2. Drive with light clothes on (try to avoid wearing denim or leather)
I don't think that the weight of your clothes are going to really register a difference on the MPG readout.

Now I know that hypermilers want to take things to the extreme but please folks, don't go one step further and drive around without any clothes on. :D

I can just see it now....telling a police officer that stops you...."really officer, I'm only trying to get better miles per gallon"....

JoeCVT = Just your average CVT owner

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
Must be a diesel driven carefully and the map kept at a negative pressure. The turbo is on demand, so if driven carefully, its not used.

cheesie, what happened? You need 17s? The oem wheels and tires are fine.

Like mentioned use drive and econ. Save the paddles for engine braking.

just coast more. i seen a 2010 jetta wolfsburg with 200 hp turbo getting 45 mpg. Who needs a hybrid?

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i dont use paddles for braking the force the engine too much
i drive a lot on the freeway and i gotta go as fast as traffic 60+
sucks for me

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm doing about 49 or 50 MPG. So far I get the best MPG cruising at about the speed limits. I'll accelerate up to 35 mph on streets or 60 on freeways and usually just hit the cruise control. I found going slower uses more gas. I keep the instantaneous MPG on the computer to see what I'm getting and try to keep it above 50.

But even though the computer says I'm averaging 50MPG... my gas light still comes on at about 430 miles and says range of 30 miles??? Is anyone else getting different distances between your average MPG and actual? The stated average by Honda is 43 or 44, so is my compuer lying to me!?!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts