Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Freezing and low temperature does not appear to have much effect on coronaviruses.2 These viruses are susceptible to heat though. They can be inactivated at temperatures above 132° F for 30 minutes.3,4 For reference, modern dryers tend to run between 125° and 135° F. This is a convenient way to clean your clothes if you can’t wash them. But you should follow guidelines and not put anything in the dryer that is not meant to go there.

But I put it in a convection oven at 250F with no damage

·
Super Moderator
8,229 Posts
Interesting about using the dryer. I would have thought 250 in the convection oven would have damaged the elastic bands, but nice to know it doesn't. I wonder why med people don't try to sanatize their N95? I heard that the burn rate on N95 in NYC is 60,000/day. That can't be sustained in every major city this thing is going to hit.

I've been keeping a Clorox bottle handy for packages that get delivered and stuff from the grocery store outside pickup. I've been using 50/50 mix, but no idea of how effective it is. We know so little. Now being told that there asymptomatic carriers are possible a threat also. Not sure how that works if they don't sneeze??

82 years and COPD, so if I get it I'm dead. Wife and I going crazy after 4 weeks of quarantine lock down in our house. The psychological dimensions of this thing are nothing to be sneezed at - pun intended, we need a little humor.

I have a RZ brand of mask with changeable active carbon filters that are supposed to stop .1 micron pollution, but it doesn't seem to seal as well as the regular N95.

Lots of information about effectiveness of various stuff, some of it probably wrong:(

My thought and best wishes for anyone at serious risk. I worry aboul chain smoking Ol' Willie. You take care you hear.

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,695 Posts
Chain smoking Ol' Willie gave it up almost 3 years ago. Went cold turkey and survived. I'm still being treated for cancer (blood) so I am at risk. Immune system seems to be working great. Used to isolation, as I am a hermit by trade/choice.
Thanks for the concern.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
My worry is - COVID-19 virus makes it way into the freezer. Or it gets in the ice for your ice tea. Someone contaminates ice that you will use a week later a month later a year later. The virus will be back. This can happen all around the world.

I hate cancer.

The virus is surrounded by fat or some type of lipid. 65% alcohol will dissolve the fat so check your hand sanitizer. Hot water and soap also dissolves the fat which renders the virus harmless.

an uninvited guest came to the shop two days ago. He sit in my personal chair when I take a break working on stuff. I rolled the chair outside into direct sunlight hoping the heat an different light waves would cook the fat. Ultraviolet infrared And whatever that stuff is that makes superman strong.

Anyway check out your pH scale look up what the pH of different foods are.

The virus likes to reproduce in an acid environment. So you want to go high pH on food you eat. If memory serves spinach is a 10. So I’m eating eggs and spinach for breakfast. Eggs have zinc which is also instrumental to cause a virus to not enter lung cells.

people are eating green leafy rich with zinc and high pH foods to recover quicker.

check out Google how to strengthen your immune system. Huge amount of great information. Like don’t eat highly processed foods. Sausage hotdogs stay away from soft drinks stay away from very sugary foods.

but when you get the fever the fever kills the virus. But you don’t need to go over 102 if you can use Tylenol. They do say eat food that will give you energy while you have the fever. You need energy to stay hot.

audioholics
Check him out on YouTube he’s from Kentucky he ‘s had COVID-19 for three weeks and is surviving highly recommend him.

I have been studying the disease since January 3 sometimes an hour day sometimes three or four hours a day.

Med cram
Asian boss everything you need to know about COVID-19. You have to read it they speak in Korean. Highly recommend

Channel 4 news
Check it out for details about the virus there’s a person name Ben on there who survived in Wuhan he is from England or Scotland he showed how to dress to go to the market to buy food.

Anyway I have three or 400 hours of research if anyone is interested. Some of the channels I go to makes people angry because it’s from Communist country So I won’t mention it. But I predicted six weeks ago everything that is happening now. I said every big city in America will become the new Wuhan and it is.

but I have lots of YouTube channels that I get information from. If anybody wants to know I’ll put it on here.

thanks for bringing attention to the virus. mr. Sam

One more thing. I learned a few years back we get sick in the winter time when there’s less sunlight because were dressed for the cold. As bad of an image as it probably sounds like I take my shirt off
Now I stand outside for 1520 minutes to get some free vitamin D. It says to do it two or three times a week. I’m going every day. Have vitamin D fights infections.

another thing raise your body temperature up a lot. In a sauna Or I’m going to do it in the tractor from sunlight and the heater turned on. Then turn the air conditioner on. This causes the immune system to strengthen. And it makes the agate part of the immune system better at recognizing your infection. You can learn that on

Med Cram . I think that’s on episode 43 and the last I looked at was episode 46. I’m working a lot now.

There’s also a person who jumps in rivers with a foot of ice on top. His immune system protects him from getting sick. They’ve done experiments with 40 people he trained on his cold techniques. Versus 40 people who don’t. If you use wide temperature ranges on your immune system it is strengthened.

just trying to be helpful thanks.

In my opinion all we can do is isolate followed googles information on strengthening the immune system and stay happy upbeat and tell everybody you love them. That’s why I have been putting music on my thread.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Also get good sleep. Take melatonin friend of mine recommended it. Your Immune system recharges itself during sleep periods.
Thank you again.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Keep safe Willie and JIME...
Of course everyone else too!!

·
Super Moderator
8,229 Posts
Also get good sleep. Take melatonin friend of mine recommended it. Your Immune system recharges itself during sleep periods.
Thank you again.
Wife takes melatonin, seems to help her. Me, I'm on the the heavy stuff and have been for years. The type A mind is a curse. Always churning and frequently for no good reason. Clonazepam for me. Unfortunately it only last 4-5 hours so I don't get enough sleep.

·
Super Moderator
8,229 Posts
U don't have an n95 mask?
Send me ur address I'll send u one
Thank you for the thought Sam. Turns out, I do have an N95. I've been looking at it there in its sealed envelope wondering if it is better than my .1 micron "RZ". Hard to know.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
The first month I had my car July 9, 2017 I was so excited I would drive back-and-forth from work four times just for the thrill. Then I’d get up at 2 o’clock in the morning and drive it again.

And that wonderful feeling was so amazing and enhanced in me purchased five more cars just for the thrill of it. Then when I look at them it makes me feel good. Especially that citrus yellow that I got for $600 with 103,000 miles. I’m not making it up. Ask Rainsux

I think you enjoy life so much that it’s hard to sleep I can identify. Say hello to dogbite!!

‘!!!!!!!!!!!!!!And get some sleep!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love the smell of aluminum in the morning. And Clorox and rubbing alcohol and zinc

Attachments

·
Registered
390 Posts
Me, I'm on the the heavy stuff and have been for years. The type A mind is a curse. Always churning and frequently for no good reason. Clonazepam for me. Unfortunately it only last 4-5 hours so I don't get enough sleep.
Dude! Old guy with Type A mind, here. Have you tried training in meditation or biofeedback to still the old noggin? I spent decades with insomnia, inability to fall and stay asleep. It took me some effort and work, but now I’m asleep in less than 10 minutes and usually sleep for 7 hours straight. If I awake in the middle of the night, I can shove myself back to sleep, usually in 20 minutes, or so. I had to go to a psychologist who could train me, but it was well worth it! Just saying. YMMV!

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Watch the video above it talks about using nebulizer.He has not gotten pneumonia yet. Please watch his other videos.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Very interesting. Hopefully he gets some answers. Seems like some people may be chronic carriers? Hopefully NOT!!

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
If you can watch every video this man has put on. This doctor has put on.

Very informative. can tell you how to strengthen your immune system.He’s got a lot of common sense just trying to help.

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,695 Posts
1 - 20 of 32 Posts