Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember seeing a thread back a few years ago that described how to replace the pollen filter. since dont think mine has ever been replaced I purchased a filter on ebay and would like to do this myself, however i can not seem to find the directions on how to get to the compartment where the filter is? I recall one of the steps entailed snipping some plastic and i dont want to go snipping if i dont know what i'm doing!

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
408 Posts
That's a great write-up. You'll only have to cut the plastic if the filter hasn't been changed before and it's real easy.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I'm thanking figgy for the write-up -- I just changed my pollen filter today. It wasn't as bad as in my Ridgeline -- I think some dealership must've changed it in the Insight recently, as the plastic piece was already cut off. Anyway, thanks again, figgy! (and gomarlins3 for posting the link) :)

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
I just pulled my pollen filter, but unlike the pics shown is this how to mine came out from the bottom without having to remove the glove box. There was a cover piece that snaps over the filter, once removed the filter drops out the bottom. I haven't found a replacement yet, so I blew it out with a shop vac and put it back in. My car doesn't have AC, could this be the difference?

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'd have to second anyone doing this and keeping on top of it. I bought my 2000 insight a few months ago with 48,000 miles and have been wanting to check the pollen filter to see if it needed replacing. Finally got around to it and happy I did, man the thing is dirty. Anyone who buys a used Honda Insight I'd say take a day and check it out.

-Jared

1 - 9 of 9 Posts