Honda Insight Forum banner

61 - 62 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Its probably unhelpful, i could see myself being seen in a lesser light because of this but i feel the need to speak out: I have blocked all posts by Willie because of the incessant "please post your location" posts that are a constant annoyance in my opinion and I have contemplated leaving this forum on that basis alone as well. Although I found the block button and have since taken solace that I no longer see any of his posts. Which is a shame since he is such a valued person with a lot of knowledge. Its clearly turning people off from this forum on more than one occasion. I think that our locations are really none of anyone business except those we choose to do business with, thus i dont think anyone on this forum has any right or reason to ask someone to post their location (let alone demand).

Sucks to see someone like Katie be such a long standing fan of the car and in the midst of a 'own or sell' situation and be reinforced to sell and leave the forum due to this issue. Real shame.

Just my two useless cents.
Appreciate the honesty. I've been part of many many forums and made some good friends there. This one is great too, but different from all the others. It's almost cultish, but maybe that's what you get with such a quirky car. I've seen arguments start from simple things such as the decision to use zip ties instead of hog rings, or God forbid resetting your LMPG. Car enthusiasts are generally narrow-minded and peculiar to their favorite; here, that mindset is on steroids. Say the wrong thing, watch out! I don't like having to walk on eggshells in order to be welcomed to a person or group, that's the definition of a toxic relationship, and nobody should have to participate in one.

I've been a jerk plenty of times too so we all need to give the same grace that we'd like to have from others.

That said, I've made some great friends here in just a few short months and have met with 5 or 6 members in person already, exchanged parts, learned, helped, etc. I very much appreciate the community here.

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
11,397 Posts
I have never demanded that a location be posted. I have numerous "communication" with people who desire not to post. I have explained my reasoning and left the final decision up to them. To save everyone any grief..... I WILL NO LONGER ASK TO HAVE ANYONES LOCATION be posted.
I'll even remove mine if anyone is offended because of where I live. LOL
Must be the millienum disease.

61 - 62 of 62 Posts