Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find my rear wiper motor rather noisy. We've had a wet-enough winter where there's been plenty of opportunity to exercise the wiper in traffic and I can hear the motor grinding away over my music--since I rock out in my car, it must be pretty loud. :oops:

Mechanic said he thought it was a bit loud, too, but didn't have another Insight in the shop (incidentally, it has been known to happen -- last year I was one of three in the service bay) to compare it to.

Finally--any chance they put an interval setting on the rear wiper in later years? I still miss that feature from my Celica hatchback. If I do end up having to replace the motor I'd be interested if that were an option.

Thanks in advance, and Happy New Year!

·
Registered
702 Posts
i have noticed alot of noise from my rear wiper as well..but i think its from the wiper going across the window :?:

i dont think there was ever a multi speed rear wiper, but i would definitely be interested if you do install one

·
Registered
171 Posts
I normally only use my rear wiper one wipe at a time, it wipes to fast for me to ever want to leave it on. The blade on mine makes a lot of noise, a loud chattering/fart noise on the first motion. I'm not sure about the motor.

·
Registered
702 Posts
ya, what IMAhybrid said :)

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
My rear blade always skipped and jumped from the first swing on, and my passenger one once in a while after about three years of use, until I replaced all three wipers with Bosch Icons. Now, blessed silence... :D

But the motor never made any noise whatsoever, I've never heard it... ;)

·
Registered
88 Posts
You can just hear the motor more since it is actually inside the passenger cabin. The windshield wiper motors are on the other side of the firewall, so they are muffled and the rubber on glass is the loudest noise.

·
Registered
171 Posts
boogetyboogety said:
I replaced all three wipers with Bosch Icons. Now, blessed silence... :D
I have to get me some of those!

·
Registered
102 Posts
My rear wiper is pretty much silent for the first minute or so. I usually just have it wipe once, but if I forget and leave it on, I get a reminder when the motor starts groaning.

I took it to the dealer, and they concluded it was due to a worn-out blade frame (not the rubber blade, the structure the rubber attaches to). They replaced it (charged me, of course), and told me I was fine.

I tried it later that day, and sure enough, if I waited a minute or so, the groaning began. Must be triggered by the motor warming up.

Next time I take to the dealer for something, I'll ask them to fix it and credit me the cost of the new wiper blade for not listening to me in the first place.

MF

1 - 8 of 8 Posts