Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
Honda only sells an average of a couple thousand Insights every year in the U.S. About 10,000 total in the U.S. since 1999. They sell 3x that number of Civics every month! They make less than 7k Insights a year worldwide.

http://www.insightcentral.net/KB/sales.html

So even if the Insight is cancelled soon (and I don't think it will be), I don't see a big hit in parts availability, because they weren't making all that many of these cars to begin with. I haven't heard of people having significant problems in the 2 years I've been reading the Yahoo! insight and hybrid forums.

On the other hand, there are very few of us who have gotten replacement parts so far. I'm still on the originals at 55k miles of things that wear and tear. All of it. Brakes. Tires. etc. I've only changed fluids and filters. So it may be that there really is a parts availabilty problem and we haven't worn out our cars enough to experience it yet. I'm not worried. This is Honda we're talking about, after all.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.