Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am located in Kingston, NY. I see quite a few Gen1 Insights around. Anyone interested in a meetup and/or informal club? Post here, or I can be reached at hvinsightclub(atsign)gmail.com.

·
Registered
702 Posts
if you guys decide to do something a little further south, i would be interested! i am at the very southern end of westchester county. so something in northern westchester or putnam would be feasible.

im also moving to SC in may, so it would have to be before then! haha

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hudson Valley Insight Club?

Seriously, I've seen about 15 of these around. Anyone near Kingston want to get together some time?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm a few years late to the party, having just purchased my Gen1, but I'm interested in a face to face.

On the 99mpg page there are a couple customers of Mike's who are local - 1 in Kingston, 1 in Accord. I would love to see and discuss their use of a grid charger.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hudson Valley Insight Club

Thanks for posting. Send me a PM with your contact information and I'll give you a call. I actually just heard from a woman with a 2002 MT who is interested in getting together for Insight information exchange.
Alex

·
Registered
76 Posts
i was on my way back from NJ the other day in a Prius and decided to hyper mile behind an insight which ended up getting off the Kingston exit. Anyone have a car with stickers on the wheel spats down there?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Hudson Valley Insight Club Meetup

Let's try to schedule a meetup. I'm suggesting the Rosendale Cafe some Saturday afternoon. I once saw three Insights there in one day, but didn't catch the owners.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm near the Queens / Nassau line, I suck at making it to more local events. While a meet-up might be real nice, I'm kind of interested in finding someone "local" that might share a grid charger in the future. I've yet to take a deep look into them. I do understand this is linked to memory effect and a chemical wall that builds up, or at least that's been my previous experience with Ni-Cad based cyclers. I've seen post titles "build your own" and I have the skills and probably the parts already. I'm a new 1 week owner of a 2010 and I'm still on a steep slope learning curve with hybrids and the Insight. One day I'll look at grid charger design and theory.

Good luck on the meet up

·
Registered
16 Posts
Mid-Hudson Valley Insight Stalker Seeks Meet Up!

I live in Beacon, NY, and I work up and down the Hudson Valley. I have wanted an Insight since first they became available, and finally, about a year ago, I procured my dream car--a 2000 Insight with manual transmission, a bit of a project. I revived the little guy, filled him with tools, and we've enjoyed 20,000 miles together so far.

Clearly, I am late to this party, but I've been posting entries on "I Saw an Insight..." which sound a bit like something from Craigs List "Missed Connections."

Clearly, I would love to meet up with other Hudson Valley 1st Gen Insight owners.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Thanks for your post. That makes at least two Insights in Beacon (SSSSSS is there, too).
I'll keep an eye on the weather, and maybe we can schedule something before winter hits hard.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I wonder if SSSSSS owns the red Insight I've seen for years here in Beacon...

I'm up in Hudson during the week and down here in Beacon on the weekends. I'd welcome a joyride over to Rosedale in any weather.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

So we have at least two insights in Beacon, one in Saugerties, one in Rosendale, and a few scattered around. Things are shaping up for a nice local community.

If anyone would like to PM me with their contact email, I'll start a list for getting in touch directly.

Sasha

·
Registered
410 Posts
Hello Sasha,

I would be interested in attending a meetup, if you decide to schedule one. I live in the Central Connecticut area. Let when know you are going to have this event. I believe I met you at a InsightFest event, either last year in Wisconsin or the year before in Indiana.

Thanks,

Russell

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Hi Russell,

I remember you from the meets at Mike Dabrowski's.

Please PM me your email address and I'll add you to the Hudson Valley list for news. With Spring approaching, I hope to set up something in a few weeks, just a get together at a cafe for introductions and camaraderie.

Sasha

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Saturday March 31st HV Social

Shall we try to meet on Saturday afternoon March 31st for a couple hours at the Rosendale Cafe in Rosendale NY? I'm suggesting 2 PM. Look them up on the web. Let me know if you can make it. No activities, just a chance to introduce ourselves and talk about Insights, etc.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hudson Valley Insight Club

Looking forward to seeing who attends this Saturday's Insight social meetup at 2pm at the Rosendale Cafe. in beautiful Rosendale, NY. They offer good food in a cool, low key setting. See you there.

https://rosendalecafe.com/hours-location/

1 - 20 of 22 Posts